Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Odd dillema

Ok, in a lot of the So Cal games I play in, males of a certain ethnicity....and I am not saying which one since the PC police on this board like to scream racism the minute you mention any specific race or ethnic group.....like to peek at their cards when no one is looking and then proclaim that they are raising blind. Usually no one sees them look at their cards but me.

Now suppose a fish is calling down one of these guys. I know the guy only does this with a high pocket pair. Also suppose the "raising blind" guy has really pissed me off.

How wrong would it be for me to inform the fish on the flop that the guy actually had looked at his cards before raising?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Odd dillema

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, in a lot of the So Cal games I play in, males of a certain ethnicity....and I am not saying which one since the PC police on this board like to scream racism the minute you mention any specific race or ethnic group.....like to peek at their cards when no one is looking and then proclaim that they are raising blind. Usually no one sees them look at their cards but me.

Now suppose a fish is calling down one of these guys. I know the guy only does this with a high pocket pair. Also suppose the "raising blind" guy has really pissed me off.

How wrong would it be for me to inform the fish on the flop that the guy actually had looked at his cards before raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Why let the 'blind' raisers know that you're aware of this? Seems like valuable information to have, and to keep secret.

2. Exactly why was it important to mention that they were of a certain race? Why not just say you know certain players who lie about raising blind? I think being PC has gone over the line too, but unnecessarily phrasing your story that way kinda opens it up..
Old 11-04-2005, 12:59 AM

Its one player to a hand. If you are talking about telling players during the hand that is totally unacceptable.

If you want to tell players that he does this in between hands I don't think its a rules violation or unethical, but I don't what you think you have to gain by doing this.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 AM

completely unethical, but it's still +ev and it's unlikely to get you tossed. take your pick
Old 11-04-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Exactly why was it important to mention that they were of a certain race? Why not just say you know certain players who lie about raising blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly the type of pc bullsh1t he was talking.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im just gonna take a shot in the dark, do these guys happen to be blacks?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM

you racist! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 AM

I don't know about this one. Yes, it is definetely one player to a hand but I have a serious problem with angle shooting. I don't think outing an angle shooter is a bad thing.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. Exactly why was it important to mention that they were of a certain race? Why not just say you know certain players who lie about raising blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly the type of pc bullsh1t he was talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding the information that people are of a certain race is stereotyping since it is pointless to the thread. I'll be on the lookout for these people in the future.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM

I'd say it gets more hazy the longer into the hand you wait. But if it's a consistent thing, I don't see any problem with responding immediately to their "I'm raising blind" with "No you're not, you just looked at your cards."

Declaring a blind raise that's not really blind is sleazy and deserves to be called out. It's one thing if people are going to lose because of bad luck or bad play; that's the game. It's not the game, and not ok, if people are going to lose because someone decided it wasn't necessary to play the game fairly.