Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: 55: Speaking of AQ...

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is not going to push without a K or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why you wouldn't want to let him push if you have a chance to get a cheap A on the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is not going to push without a K or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why you wouldn't want to let him push if you have a chance to get a cheap A on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even for those odds, I don't like drawing to 3 outs when I don't even know if it will win me the hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Villain can't have a King here. Even the worst players won't min-bet with a flush draw board against two opponents holding top pair. Villain can't have a pair and a flush draw with out a king in his hand. What hand is he going to re-raise you all-in with? Calling the min-bet is terrible to me. Raise and take it down or fold if you think he is just too dumb to fold. Even if the ace and queen are both live you only have four clean outs because of the diamonds.

Raise the flop and take it down.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 PM

I'd check raise the flop. I doubt either of them have hands which can take any pressure.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check raise the flop. I doubt either of them have hands which can take any pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ...

But you're confident enough that they'll bet to check raise?
Why can't someone have a K here? This seems pretty arbitrary.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:43 AM

I don't check with the plan of checkraising. I adopt the plan after it goes check check minbet. There's a group of guys that minbet with a king there, but they are very much in the minority. Most people prefer to get money into the pot when they have the best hand.

It's possible the BB has a king and that's the major concern with the checkraise. But even if he does, if his kicker is hopeless he may well get scared what with there being a bet and checkraise ahead of him.

I only need to take it down about 50% of the time to win and I'm confident I will.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't check with the plan of checkraising. I adopt the plan after it goes check check minbet. There's a group of guys that minbet with a king there, but they are very much in the minority. Most people prefer to get money into the pot when they have the best hand.

It's possible the BB has a king and that's the major concern with the checkraise. But even if he does, if his kicker is hopeless he may well get scared what with there being a bet and checkraise ahead of him.

I only need to take it down about 50% of the time to win and I'm confident I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought that was your reasoning for checking the flop. I still don't love your play, but its reasonable.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:17 AM

I would probably go for the check-raise also here, depending on the size of the bet, naturally.