Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

Old 10-09-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: My Take on the Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

Am I the only one who thought the Oct. issue was one of the best? Anything that provokes such a reaction has got to be a publisher's wet dream. I agree that the mag should provoke discussion, and that's what it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phat, had I been travelling this week as I have most of the last few months, I never would have started and driven that thread. If that were the case, I think there's a good chance that discussion wouldn't have happened and people would have just read the magazine and thought "wow, this is chock full of really bad advice."

I think that's pretty much the opposite of a publisher's wet dream.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's pretty much the opposite of a publisher's wet dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

so.. what? like, publisher's blue balls?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Zeno\'s take on the Magazine -

Mr. Miller,

[ QUOTE ]
There is something wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it is getting more wrong by the minute.

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, Barron's obstinate behavior does not reflect well on the magazine in particular, or on 2+2 in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the continuance of the thread under question, Barron is causing an exponential rise in the embarrassment to the magazine you are editor of. I respect you a great deal Mr. Miller, though we have never met. Please take my advice and bring an honest closure to the controversy. It would be better for all concerned and stop the damaged that is being inflicted on 2+2’s reputation that has been built up all these years, a reputation so well deserved. Don’t surrender that excellent reputation in defense of someone that is clearly not worthy of it, at least not by the actions reflected so far in this forum. There are plenty in the poker world that could use this incident to make whatever attacks they can on this forum, the website as a whole, on you, and on the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine. Perhaps you can ride out the storm easily, or not. I leave that your judgment.

Respectfully,

-Zeno
Old 10-12-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed, if you just admit that twoplustwo made a mistake and published a terrible article, we aren't going to less of you for it. Frankly, I am insulted by this PR man crap spinning an article full of strategic nonsense as "edgy" and "taking risks". Your refusal to comment on the substance of the article by saying that it isn't "relevant" is an absurd copout.

I have looked forward to a new edition of the magazine each month and have even considered contributing. This isn't the first time there has been a deeply flawed article (the "multitabling" article spring to mind) and if it weren't for the discussion here, I would have just shrugged this one off too since overall I have enjoyed this month's magazine so far, but honestly this disingenuous "damage control" thread really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If you needed to start a new thread about this, just leveling with us and telling us what you really think of the article and the reaction to it would have been much more respectful of our intelligence and perceptiveness than your carefully worded evasions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some of the best advice i've seen. It's only natural that you see this as a "Them vs Us - writers vs forumguys" discussion. I would be strange if ANY editor in the world would have reacted differently, but now you have our reaction and maybe we could take bobbyi's advice.

A poker magazine where the best articles get published and the 2+2 staff argues about it. Now THAT would be edgy and it looks like everyone really would like that. I know I would.