Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Dont let them get you down.....

Oh, I agree. I don't see this one ever paying off, but as he said it would make a great story. I think after hitting seven or eight I would start making the insurance bets the other way to guarantee some income on the game.

I rarely bet a parlay with the exception of sometimes when I can't find a good game so I just plop $5 down across a bunch of games just to give myself some action and gamble a little.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Dont let them get you down.....

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if I had to hazard a guess about an unforeseen side effect, it would be that the constant losing would erode your betting discipline as the strategy continued. You'd get a few weeks where you hit 7, 8, maybe even 9 games, and develop wild, misguided theories for game-picking to get you over the hump. Maybe you should sign up a psych grad student who can use you as a research specimen and get paid for doing this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm a CS grad student now. Next year I'll be a math grad student (hopefully). It's nice to know I'll have something to fall back on when I get done with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]