Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: I Instacalled this with bad odds as a 2 to 1 dog

[ QUOTE ]
You just don't get it Tom. That's all I'll say.

[/ QUOTE ]yea i dont understand the logic of calling most of ur stack with KK then check-folding a flop when a A hits. i dont get it

and i dont mind benneh's call. i think it was the correct call
Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
final pot is actually 1804048. converter doesn't account for antes, i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn converter. Lol.

Anyway, nice call.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Yeah, because I do that a lot. Reading comprehension is gud.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing he had A-K through A-J.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You just don't get it Tom. That's all I'll say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this keeps getting better.

(I call, but don't like it very much)
Old 09-18-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, because I do that a lot. Reading comprehension is gud.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I'd get away from the hand if an ace or three suited cards that I didn't have came on the flop. Plus, if he had an underpair, I didn't want to give my hand away, and I know that most of these players won't fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why is this horrible at these levels? I can understand that it would be horrible at higher levels, where almost everybody plays aggressively, but the outcome in this situation would be exactly the same had I pushed preflop. If an ace comes on the flop and he still pushes it, I can fold and pick a better spot where I know I have a bigger advantage. The third person in the hand may be cause for worry, and I am giving him better odds to draw to a set if he has a pocket pair, but I still like the way I played this particular hand.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
I don't like to push kings preflop in this situation, because any ace has nearly a 30% chance to win, and I believe I have a bigger advantage over most of these players than 70% in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
I've always been skeptical about counting on implied odds in tournament situations, because you will have blown quite a few chips by the time you hit your set in these situations, and you'd probably be better off folding. I guess it might be okay to do in the first few levels of blinds though. Thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Playing Axswith any a middle-low kicker is almostnever worth it. You won't make the flush often enough to show profit based on the pots you'll win. New/weak players that frequent micro-limit games are especially wary of flush draws. If three of your suit are on the board, most will fold to your bet, and if a fourth falls, forget it. If you don't make your flush and an ace comes, it will most likely be beat by another ace with a higher kicker.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
I'd play A-9about 75%of the time from middle position or later in Pokerstars' 50s unless one of the weak-tight crew raised in EP. The game is just too loose not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you really know some great things
Old 09-18-2005, 06:13 PM

All different situations , all quotes that I've written at different times, and about different limits, games and tournaments. As I said earlier, you just don't get it. I'd also appreciate a lesser amount of hostility when I make posts that don't even concern you. I post here for two reasons, and those are to improve my game and to learn about what to do in the many different situations that arise while playing poker. If you want to be a jackass to somebody across a safe medium on the internet, go ride somebody else's beef.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All different situations , all quotes that I've written at different times, and about different limits, games and tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]not really you said limping with Asuited is bad in any game but you limp A9 75% in cash games.