Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Marathon weekend of tourneys on Empire

I plan on playing lots of tourneys on Empire this weekend to rack up some VIP pts. PM me if anyone else is interested in a marathon day.

-greg
Old 09-15-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Marathon weekend of tourneys on Empire

as in you want someone else to play on your account and help you out??

or you are interested in bonding with another 2+2'er and doing this together?

if the latter, then inviting someone to do it with you might not be such a hot idea.

The reason I held off for so long on reporting this method of racking up points is specifically because of that reason.

If you play during the right hours you might be able to get into a $100+9 tourney with 3 or 4 players (that pays out to 3 places...so you're not really risking $100+9 in the same way as a bigger field of course) or even a $50+5 PLO tourney that only gets you and one other player.

Even just 1 or 2 people reading about me doing this via my blog was enough where we were REALLY getting in the way of each other.

remember, you're not just racking up the points...but you're hopefully +EV in the tourneys themselves so you can make some money that way too.

Maybe I'm too nittish about this...but I played enough tourneys that got 2-4 players in which I REALLY wished the other 1 or 2 2+2'ers weren't there competing with me.

Good luck on your quest by the way.
And remember that according to their web-page, only 9+1's and higher count for the points (although I haven't tested it to see if this is REALLY the case).

Also remember that evidently the time of the tourneys is when they CONCLUDE.
A couple other 2+2'ers figured that out...thus if you start a tourney at 10pm or something then it's going to count on the NEXT day of points.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 PM

Funny you mention that. I actually avoiding entering one 100+9 tourney not so long ago when doing a mini-quest because one really good 2+2er named ZenofBob was already entered....

And I would never give someone else access to my account, for security reasons as well as moral ones.

I just love you guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Greg
Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 PM

A little of topic, but your post reminds me of a question that Empire never answered for me - if you enter a MTT, but 10 or fewer people sign up (technically, making it only a 1-table trounament), is it still considered a MTT for VIP purposes?

Your post would seem to indicate that it is, but I don't want to enter a billion tournaments just to find out that it's not the case.