Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-12-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: I finally puked in my mouth playing poker!

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and btw I did fold and I got the BB to fold to my SB push the next hand, so it's not like I have zero fold equity if I push after folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the BB to fold to your SB push the very next hand you need a) everyone to fold to you, b) the BB to be a bad player, and c) the BB to be dealt a below average hand. This will happen less often than you winning if you call with AQ, and you'll be in much better shape (1500 chips compared to 600).
Old 09-12-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: I finally puked in my mouth playing poker!

First of all, if the other guy calls (which is very likely), then you're getting better than 3-1 to call.

Thus the only time you don't have odds to call is when he holds AA. You have the odds if he has KK, QQ, or (worst for you) AK. Given that you hold one of the aces, it reduces his chances of holding AA dramatically.

Even with a very narrow range, you're still getting odds to call. If you fold, you don't have enough chips to do any damage without doubling up first, and even then you're still in pretty tough shape.