Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Session III Review: Hand 14 Nobody got nuttin

I think you're right about the turn bet. However, what do we do if we're called on the turn? Check/folding the river seems kind of weak since it seems like some players will call the turn with hands worse than ace high. But if we check/call and lose, then our turn bluff has cost us two big bets.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right about the turn bet. However, what do we do if we're called on the turn? Check/folding the river seems kind of weak since it seems like some players will call the turn with hands worse than ace high. But if we check/call and lose, then our turn bluff has cost us two big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to check/fold the river if you don't improve.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would expect to take it down there at least 2 out of 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way do you take it down that often with 3 opponents. But you probably do take it down 1:2, which is what you need to be +EV for a pure bluff, and there's probably a sliver of value here. Betting here is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are we going to get called with on the turn? Overcards aren't going to call 1BB for a 3BB pot. Someone would have to have a PP or a J to call I would think. I'd be surprised not to take this down 2 out of 3 times unless I had a read on one of them as a complete calling station.

Since this is 2/4 I wouldn't expect to see AS MANY CS's as .50/1. Even if a previously unknown CS calls we probably have him beat anyways and if he's a true CS he won't bet the river unless he pairs up and maybe not even then.