Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Montana

I'm going to be at Mammoth Hot Springs for about a week then Chico Hot Springs for a couple days. I have no idea if these are the names of the hotels I'm staying at or the city names. Is there any poker around me? What limits?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Montana

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea if these are the names of the hotels I'm staying at or the city names

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you writing this post while bound with duct tape in the trunk of a chevette?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 AM

Mammoth Hot Springs is actually in Yellowstone park and I am sure there is not a card room right there.
Chico Hot Springs is a little bit north of Yellowstone park and I do not think they have a card room there either.
The closest places that might have a card room will be either Bozeman or West Yellowstone with an outside chance that Gardiner, at the north entrance to the park, has a place with a card room.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:07 AM

north of chico is livingston. might be a game there, but small and high rake. you are isolated and enjoy it. but lots of people around those spots. the rest. at chico is great for dinner.
food at mammoth is run by the greyhound bus company and it is bad. hunt around for better if you have a car. the animals are incredible especially if you get up early. find out where the wolves are. probably lamar valley and you can find them by watching for the spotting scopes and cars. join in.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 AM

oops, wrong chico
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM

I decided to do a search and found this on the Montana Government site. A list of all licensed card rooms in Montana.

http://www.doj.state.mt.us/gaming/st...05/pkr_est.txt

Not all the card rooms will be open 7 days a week. Lots of card rooms in the smaller towns are only open a few days a week.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:15 PM

Take my advice, enjoy the outdoors while in Montana. It is about as beautiful as it gets.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Ray is correct. The wildlife viewing in the park is usually great. Lots of Elk, Lots of Buffalo and there are the bears, wolves and moose as well.

Big hint. Bring along Binoculars, a good pair if you have them, and it will help with viewing the wildlife.

Another hint: Don't mess around with the wildlife especially the buffalo. Some of them will let you get really close but it is really not a very good idea.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/safetyvideos.htm

The second video of the elk on this page is really good. Makes me itch to have a bow in hand and be that close to a bull!!!! I could just SEE the gravy dripping off of him!
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take my advice, enjoy the outdoors while in Montana. It is about as beautiful as it gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get some fresh air. The biggest game you will find is 5/10 limit. Most likely some type of spread limit game (1-5, 1-10). Montana has a 300 dollar pot cap so the games are almost always small. If you're a low-limit player it's fine but I get hellishly bored without the chance to win 1000+ in a night. Enjoy the scenery it's the most beautiful in the U.S. imo.