Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: 4 hands, 3 big slicks, 10th place

Now that I've cooled down a bit, let's try this again, constructively.

[ QUOTE ]
This i saying: " i think i played good. I got my money in with some decent hands. I busted"

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had said this, I would agree that it was a bad post. However, this was not, "every time I raise with AK pre-flop I lose! Should I limp and try and see a flop?" I felt like these were valid situations to question my line. Maybe I should've been more specific in what I was asking, but I hate to box people in:

Hand 1) Am I nuts to go all-in after my raise is smooth called on the flop on a fairly raggedy board? (I really don't think I had a choice, but maybe a check/call line on the turn?)

Hand 3) Am I nuts to re-raise all-in with TPTK when I raise pre-flop, bet out and get raised? (My thoughts were that a set would smooth call and this was a str8 draw or weaker kicker).

Hand 4) Is calling a re-raise, followed by an all-in dumb? (Yes, I think it was, but I needed chips badly.)

Probably the worst thing I did was posting the entire history and not hiding this results, therefore making it look like a bad beat post. I got lazy because I was in shock -- sorry about that.

[ QUOTE ]
What the eff do you have a problem with if someone calls is out as such?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:04 AM

hey man, im real sorry but im super pressed for time right now to respond to that, i have to leave pad in like 5 mins and still have to shower, but i promise ill hit it tomorrow morning...

What i can say now is that , dude, im somewhat sorry about what i sid, insofar as i got allup on your case about an iffy post, and at the time i meant it, but in regards to your followup posts , i realise that it wasnt what i thought "i play guuuuud...i get fukt", but instead it was honest question about "this is my line, was there a better one"

So, here it is : sorry bud, i overreacted.

I do like your style, and you posta are well above average.

Soooooo....like i say, i dont have the time to go over the HH properly now, but in reperations for being an ass previously, i promise i dedicete 5 minutes of my time to give thoughtful opinions/reccomedations tomoorow

Also, what you said before(paraphrase):

[ QUOTE ]
Youre in a pissy mood . dont take it out on me

[/ QUOTE ]

Was ironically correct. I ran up a 11 BI profit today, but im pretty sure i got dumped by my girl today, and i reponded to your post pretty soon after finding that out, so yeah i mosdef was in a pissy mood.

Heh, cheer, GL, expect serious HH response tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:13 AM

It's all good -- I overreacted as well. Guess I was stinging a little more than I realized.

Sux about your girl, but hey, chin up -- more time for poker, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: sorry, that last bit may have came off a little flip. Seriously, I know how relationship crap can sux...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4) Is calling a re-raise, followed by an all-in dumb? (Yes, I think it was, but I needed chips badly.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to chime in that needing chips can't justify making a call when you are either a coinflip or crushed and in for less than 1/10 of your stack.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1) Am I nuts to go all-in after my raise is smooth called on the flop on a fairly raggedy board? (I really don't think I had a choice, but maybe a check/call line on the turn?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if I'm way off base (I've been having an affair with the 6-max NL tables) but isn't all-in about the worse possible play? Either you've just given away all your chips or you've failed to extract anything out of a winner. It looks like a panic/tilt move.

Slim
Old 06-07-2005, 03:27 AM

I'm too lazy to read all the posts. Here are my thoughts.

It's extremely important that when you play AK, you do one of two things. First, if you don't raise enough preflop (like you did), you need to know that you have to let it go if you get too much action. Next, my advice is to raise more preflop so that you can help narrow down the types of hands that will call your preflop raise. IMO, I'd rather win the t25 in level one than lose my whole stack.

Further more, last AK. Come on. Have patience. Let the hand come to you. This isn't a fold AA preflop hand. AK is still a drawing hand. I can't tell you how often people make the mistake of not allowing the other guys battle it out, while you bide ur time. Your objective is not to knock everyone out. Your objective is to place ITM and hopefully win. The only time I care about knocking people out is HU.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba
Old 06-07-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if I'm way off base (I've been having an affair with the 6-max NL tables) but isn't all-in about the worse possible play? Either you've just given away all your chips or you've failed to extract anything out of a winner. It looks like a panic/tilt move.

Slim

[/ QUOTE ]
it is very likely that the villain has Ax and will call
Old 06-07-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting really tilty lately due to:

a) bad beats,
b) bad luck and,
c) bad play.

Help me figure out which category these hands fit into...

[/ QUOTE ]

DF,

In my mind it's very clear. Your observation skills are waning.

You actually came ninth. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM

1) Your raise to 60 is terrible. I don't even think this is from one of your hand histories - you just have stolen it from someone else. You should have raised to 90 at a minimum. That said, it worked out great because you won more than you would have otherwise. As someone else said, on the turn you are either way ahead or way behind. If the latter, you are getting called if you push. If the former, you might get called, but they might fold. I'd bet less and try to get all their chips.

2) Ok. I'm not a huge fan of raising massive amounts PF in the early levels, but I might bet a little more than you did especially considering how many callers there were on the first hand. I think that 60 seems like a lot more than 50 than it actually is, if that makes sense. 77 probably still calls and you still lose your stack.

3) This is probably one where I have trouble too, but doesn't the SNG guide say that pushing AK is fine but don't be calling all-in with it? That's always kind of stuck in my head...
Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 AM

I hate the small reraise in hand 1. I am going to simply call there. Why give a hand like QQ/JJ the chance to blow you out of the pot with a big raise, while at the same time giving them zero chance to fold. I just hate playing that way in almost every situation.