Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 04:06 PM

Default another \"mildly interesting\" A9s hand

Same Commerce 9/18 game

1 limper, LAG who raises and bets a LOT but slows down to aggression raises in the CO, i float A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, SB calls, BB calls (5 for 10SB)

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls (3 for 8BB)

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, unknown lady in the BB raises, CO folds, I think and call planning on folding the river UI (2 for 12 BB)

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Lady checks, I think for 3 seconds and bet
Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: another \"mildly interesting\" A9s hand

Ni han. She has T7 and you just sucked out. I agree with the turn and river plan. Well played all the way around. Most of these Commerce players are not check-raising the river with a boat. If she thinks you have an ace you'll bet, then she thinks you'll raise her bet.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:25 PM

sup bakku.

I think you played this fine -- in fact, I don't really see any alternatives. Which decision were you debating?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Results

Ok, this one is pretty boring. I bet the river intending to fold to a c/r. If the river didn't help the BB it's probably the scariest card in the deck for her and she's not going to c/r with a worse hand. I bet, she called. I showed, she mucked.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 PM

Hmm all u are worried about is two pair, set, higher ace. Im putting her on two pair, especially after her check.

If she bets that river are u just calling?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she bets that river are u just calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd strongly consider folding if she can still bet the river but I'd call hoping to snap off a desperation I-got-counterfeit-but-the-only-way-I-can-win-is-by-betting bluff. Raising is bad.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:47 PM

Thats the way I feel as well. If shes betting that a fold is not that bad...but Id be inclined to call it.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:16 PM

I think that this might be a place to isolatew the lag by three betting PF. I'm not completely sure if betting the river here is right. She could've been raising w/pair-flush draw on the turn. Or she might've peeled one off and hit a set of sevens. I hope that you intend on folding to a second CR
Old 05-27-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this might be a place to isolatew the lag by three betting PF. I'm not completely sure if betting the river here is right. She could've been raising w/pair-flush draw on the turn. Or she might've peeled one off and hit a set of sevens. I hope that you intend on folding to a second CR

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I'm glad you brought that up. I definitely should have 3-bet here. I was turbo-mucking to a c/r.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I'm glad you brought that up. I definitely should have 3-bet here. I was turbo-mucking to a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a three bet preflop is probably good.

But I think once she checks the river, she does not have a set, if she did, she would have a full house and would probably bet (so unlikely)...that leaves two pair, as a flush she bets as well, at least Im pretty sure she would. I think two pair is probably the most accurate guess given her action. Many players dont have the balls to try and check raise the river, and not to generalize, but I think most women/old ladies are betting this river if they can beat u.