Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Curiosity killed the cat, or did it?

[ QUOTE ]
I had been folding aces and kings left and right all day and I felt like I was folding them too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If im in a game with several eagle eye regulars who could have substantial notes on me, I wont want them thinking they can EVER push me off an overpair, so for the right price i'll call when it would appear -ev on the hand itself just to show I cant be pushed off an overpair. Only once in a while though, and the price/situation has to be right. There's nothing worse than everyone at the table know you folded AA in a vanilla hand; they can just chuckle, note the line you folded to, and store it for a rainy day.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Curiosity killed the cat, or did it?

Well, I guess. My reply was more of a 'general thoughts' calling vs bluffs than this hand itself. In this hand, against a solid unknown I'd fold the river.

If it was a diamond draw bluff, its not a very good one. Its pretty obvious to everyone that hero has a good hand, and to expect hero to fold 2-1 on the river 50% of the time on the river seems optimistic. Unless of course villian knows I know this and is playing one level up, but this guy was an unknown.

I mean if villian had QQ surely he'd be browning his pants when our hero calls on the turn. And it would be an unusual line with KK, not to mention he'd probably have to have hero placed perfectly on QQ.

But I agree I kinda glazed over the small print a bit.