Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: 22$; three hands for inspection

thanks for the thoughts, guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: Raise more preflop. You are giving pocket pairs like 66 too good implied odds. If the flop comes 863r, you get stacked with kings for just 50 chips preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I fold (after raising more preflop )

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, debatable, i think. im not a big fan of raising big with my premium hands b/c i think im losing value. leaky?? maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest thing to me was Hand 2, where you just called the flop and then pushed the turn when a scare card fell. That's didn't make any sense. The only reason to just call the flop is to trap your opponent, by letting him continue to lead. You have the perfect opportunity to do so when a 9 falls, because this gives him a great bluffing opportunity. The way you played it, you get called when you're behind and nothing when you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, nice analysis. i felt the same way after discovering this hand in my HH and i though id make it public how donkylicious i played it so id remember it well.

on hand 1, i could see him with AQ, 77, or another midpair. i thought he would check raise with Ak. 77 i thought he might bet out in hopes i had an ace and raised.

i was really uncertain what to do. i ended up raising to 175 and he put me allin. pwned again, lol.

[/catharsis]