Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 AM

Default KK unimproved, facing a push and a call

6max party 100
Pusher (MP) is not crazy, just average bad. Overcaller (CO) is absolutely horrible (90/44) preflop, postflop, hell hes bad at sitting at the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($94.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($95.15)</font>
BB ($113.10)
UTG ($46.60)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($120.60)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($268.73)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $4, MP calls $4.

Flop: ($21) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20, MP calls $20.

Turn: ($111) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP calls $85.60 (All-In), CO calls $85.60, Hero calls $60.15 (All-In).

Final Pot: $342.35
Old 11-29-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: KK unimproved, facing a push and a call

Reraise PF, CO has a worse hand than you- he'll most likely call. I don't particularly like KK 4 handed.

3 bet all in on the flop. You're ahead of his JT
Old 11-29-2005, 06:19 AM

i dont care about pf or flop, those are uninteresting.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should care, that's where you made the mistakes that got you into a very tough decision.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:42 AM

If you re-raise pre flop that pretty much eliminates someone having A4 suited or something like that and makes this hand a lot easier to play on the other streets.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 AM

If CO is so bad why not reraise preflop and isolate him preflop.. Going 4 handed with KK is always a mistake if you haven't raise preflop. I wouldn't be surprised if MP has 22.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should care, that's where you made the mistakes that got you into a very tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

i found the decision pretty avg and was made pretty quickly.

this is why this forum sucks, anything remotely unorthodox preflop becomes the focus of any hand discussion.

"omg, i gave up some equity pf because i know it would kill/severely limit my action against the moron postflop" oh well.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If CO is so bad why not reraise preflop and isolate him preflop.. Going 4 handed with KK is always a mistake if you haven't raise preflop. I wouldn't be surprised if MP has 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it sure would make a lot of sense to open push with the best hand when a [censored] player has raised the flop and will bet again on the turn and potentially trap the SB (me) so i can get both their stacks.

i mean, seriously.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you re-raise pre flop that pretty much eliminates someone having A4 suited or something like that and makes this hand a lot easier to play on the other streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want the bad players stack, i don't mind tough situations if i think it will increase my chances of doing so.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i want the bad players stack, i don't mind tough situations if i think it will increase my chances of doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be increasing the size of the pot you could win, but you're seriously decreasing your chances of winning it by playing it this way.

I understand you'd like to win a huge pot with your kings, but when playing them this way you're going to lose your stack more times than you'll triple up.

The people here are simply trying to show you that by playing the hand this way you're giving up lots of EV to build the pot.