Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Make a read! 200 buy in 2-table tournament

200+20 live 2 table tournament at a home game. Start with 3000T , blinds start at 25-50 and move up every 20 minutes.

Down to 11 players, next bust= 1 table, pays top four steeply towards first.

Hero has ~7800, villian has about the same (i might be off a little bit on both our stacks)

Hero is small blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. and posts 100. UTG folds, Villian limps on the Button (villian is not a total donk, but his watch is stuck on move time pretty often. He plays decently, but bluffs sometimes)

Hero RAISES to 800, folds back to button and we are heads up

FLOP: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero: Leads out for 1500, button thinks for no time at all and calls.

Obviously i'm not happy about this, he could have a ten or a flush draw, the problem is he couuld really have ANY hand, he could also have 77 88 99 or something like that. I'm not really sure where i'm at, and i'm not deep enough to figure it out

TURN: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Well this is ok, if i was winning i must still be but i would hate to shove and get called, i figure i lost enough with AJ and check - i can't stand going broke with that hand.

hero checks, villian checks - ok now i think i'm good.

RIVER: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I figure he missed flush and i'm willing to check it down and take it

hero check, villian thinks for a second and bets 2500T.

hero: ????
Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Make a read! 200 buy in 2-table tournament

Hmm.. The limp on the button makes me think he has sm-md suited connectors or 1 gappers. So with a flop of 6 10s 2s and the instant call is saying I'm not even thinking of raising or folding. I can see him holding a 910, J10, Q10, 67. With an overpair or top pair he might have to take a second and consider the flush draw. But with a TPWK maybe he just wants to keep the pot small trying to show stregnth with a quick call. Ofcourse with a overpair you would have prob seen a raise PF.

Him checking the turn maybe a flush draw but the bet on the river of only 2.5k doesnt yell busted draw to me. Seems more like a value bet. He wants a call.

What was the result?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm really not sure this is a value bet. Hero has completely given up on this hand so Villain might think he can take it down without investing the rest of his stack in case he is wrong and gets called. I don't like the logic by Villain but it may be what he is thinking here.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM

True. I don't think Hero can beat anything here. Fold the hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:30 PM

Default result

i honestly put him on a flush draw. My thinking was that on the flop he had me beat, but then checking behind on the turn meant he watned a free card to draw at, obviously a four can't help him unless he has like A4 of spades. I also didn't understand how he could check behind me if he had a ten, or even a six.

Thus, i called and he insta mucked.