Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Pwning at a lower limit

[ QUOTE ]
Can I be on your website? I only need to use 33 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can afford your own website lacky, due do that 17k recent upsizing in your bankroll...

Keep that luckbox well maintained
Old 08-03-2005, 01:10 AM

you say this is a "science" experiment but that really makes no sense as it has zero value on that basis, because you are 2 different players with 2 different skill levels. whoever wins isnt a statement about the buy in but about the player, so this has little value in anything other than a prop bet. maybe if you played 1000 33s then 1000 55s you would be able to draw more conclusions out of your results.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 AM

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

So far I've witnessed Irie and Zen live exactly 0% of their life in the pursuit of 'science.' More like 90% of life towards aesthetic, and the other 10% towards coaching this damn forum. Don't let the Dr. on Irie's business cards, Bank's insistence on professional office decor and their mutual respect for the Dalai Lama fool you...their life quest is still to drink a bajillion Heinekens and 'meet' a bajillion buck nekkid big booty scrippaz while yellin' 'ship it,' 'holla,' 'batch pleaze,' and 'EHOT!?!' with like WSOP bracelets all over their wrists/ankles/noses/ears.

Science is just a means to their higher plane of living.

How often do they tear the club up? Exactly as much as they want to, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 AM

I would want 3:2 on this bet if I was Zen.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe if you played 1000 33s then 1000 55s you would be able to draw more conclusions out of your results.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've both already done that. The game is more dynamic than people give it credit for.

Irieguy
Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$/SnG at the 33s is a lot closer to the $/SnG at the 55s then most members of this forum know...Variance will be the only factor imo.

Table/seat selection could put Irie over the top, but 8tabling nulifies a lot of this.

Just my opinions. They never really matter, but I am always right in my mind.

edit: unless rakeback counts then Irie kills this. Otherwise the sample size makes this anyones game imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid is correct, I believe, about the $/hr being closer than people think. (We are NOT counting rakeback).

Zen and I both think it's close... but Zen thinks it's close enough to wager on, and I don't.

The reason why Zen is a dog is because I play circles around him. Literally. When we play in the Deathstar, I hold my optical laser mouse in one hand, a Heineken in the other, and run around in circles about his chair. He's a pathetic little Curtains-worshipping nit, and he's going to get smoked like the pole he is.

Irieguy
Old 08-03-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason why Zen is a dog is because I play circles around him. Literally. When we play in the Deathstar, I hold my optical laser mouse in one hand, a Heineken in the other, and run around in circles about his chair. He's a pathetic little Curtains-worshipping nit, and he's going to get smoked like the pole he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now This is Funny....I assume that your seldom-used wit catches its edge after 12-20 Heiny's and an appropriate period of sleep-deprivation [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would want 3:2 on this bet if I was Zen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting 3:2, but I am getting 5:4. Don't need it though...that's just a little gravy. And, no, we aren't counting rakeback, which will actually make it all the more sweet for me when it turns out I will have won the bet even if rakeback HAD been counted.

But you all fail to see the true odds this wager lays me. I have nothing to lose. I'm supposed to make about $1k less than Irie over 500 of these things. But when I actually PWN rasta-boy for a few hundy, I expect the public humiliation on this forum to be significant. The daily PM's to him asking for coaching deals should slow considerably, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he surreptitiously contacts Curtains soliciting some guidance. Irie can think about THAT every time he's on the bubble in a $55 for the next month (if he makes it to the bubble).

I predict our next challenge will be me playing 200 $22's and Irie playing 800 $109's, WITH rakeback. I should still be able to get 5:4.

--Z
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM

I'm pullin' for ya Zen, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Here's some motivation:

Yugoslav
Old 08-03-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict our next challenge will be me playing 200 $22's and Irie playing 800 $109's,

[/ QUOTE ]

When both of you are living in a box on Sahara Blvd. whilst paying $8 Bazillion in alimony & child support, where will you get the $4400 & $87200 that you will need for this challenge? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]