Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Learn Stud Before Playing Hi/Low?

I don't think you need to learn Stud before you learn Stud Hi-Lo Split... I feel stud is a far more complex game to master than Stud/8, the people I've known who have been good at straight Stud have had excellent memories for the upcards as well as a general "card sense" of when they are ahead or behind... Stud/8 is more of a mechanical game and, in my opinion, easier to learn for this reason... As long as you play properly on 3rd and 4th streets (i.e., tight), you should do fine at the introductory limits... I also believe it is less important of a skill to remember folded upcards in 8-or-Better than straight Stud, although some forum members might disagree with me...

Mike
Old 09-09-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Learn Stud Before Playing Hi/Low?

Ive never played a hand of stud hi. I do fairly well playing stud 8. Its just a matter of preference. They are two completely different games. I know that if I were to sit at a stud hi table with the stud hi regulars that I would get crushed. I know that I would because I wouldnt limp reraise with a three flush like some of them like to do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Aicirt