Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Looking for labels for Nexgens

<font color="black"> </font> I am on a low budget and thinking about buying a set of Nexgens. Does anybody know of a cheap place to get labels for them? 5 star deal charges $0.30 per chip for custom labels. Are there cheaper/better options out there? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Looking for labels for Nexgens

http://www.ciretech.com/lynbark/
http://www.pokerchiplabels.net
Old 04-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Labeled Nexgen's:
Link 1

Example

Color info

Info fm Spongey437:
"Surething office labeler program to make the chip labels using a template from onlinelabels.com. That program works great but I highley recommend you use the bleed function or you end up wasting a lot of labels."

Label designers/suppliers:Jason's auctions and here's Lynbark's site.

Krylon protective spray.

Mfr's Krylon Matte Link - might call Call 1-800-4KRYLON for local dealers.

From Lynbark..."We like Krylon's Preserve It. The Preserve It is tough to find locally and should run less than $5 for a can that will handle several thousand labels. There are several matte fixatives that work great on computer printed paper. Use one coat with a a slow, side to side sweeping motion about 1 foot from paper. Go off the edge of the paper each time to avoid staying in 1 spot for too long. We simply use a stapler to hit each sheet a couple times and then spray them (don't do it indoors or in a small garage without some ventilation).
It takes about 15 minutes to do a set of 1000 and should be allowed to dry for about a day after application. It will give your chips a "chemical" odor for a while. You may want to allow them to air for several hours before applying and stacking. The glossy spray adds a very bright, sheen that may actually be distracting from the design when held at an angle in bright light. You also have to be much more careful as the glossy will run and cause "drips" if oversprayed. You should use lighter coats with the glossy (simply move a little quicker side to side), and maybe add an extra coat. The glossy will make the labels a bit thicker than the matte spray and takes a little more patience to apply. Glossy vs matte is ultimately a personal preference as to which looks better with your chips, and possibly your design you've chosen. The matte spray adds a nice rough texture along with much better resistance to moisture and scratches than simply going with a plain paper."

Label suppliers:
CinN0s3 uses OnlineLabels.

World Label

MMA Poker Supply has them but prices may be very high.

ky70's Nexgen post
Note: SamIam's 1/20/05 post has some color match info... cool shading to match chips!

Jason thread

CiN0s3 comments... "I wouldnt reccomend using Avery labels. I take it these are the ones not on an 8x11 sheet. These are meant to peel off easy and do not use an ooze free glue and they are meant to be written on not printed on. If you spray them with the Krylon Matte stuff I can all but guarentee you will ruin them. Better off returning those and getting the right ones from onlinelabels.com"

RPT vs Nexgen comments thread

- Fins
Old 04-04-2005, 02:06 PM

http://www.customize-it.org. He did the labels for my nexgens, and they look awesome. $56 for 1000 labels (2 per chip) and quick shipping.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:10 PM

i used lynbark. he charges $37/1000