Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 09:48 PM

Default How often are Act I/II offered in Foxwoods?

Just curious how often Act I/Act II satellites are run at Foxwoods. I am going early next week, after my 21st. Are these tournies readily available without long waits? I might try to do a double header if I get through the Act I without a blowup.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: How often are Act I/II offered in Foxwoods?

i went last wednesday. i got there around noon i'd say, and got into an act 1 in about 20 minutes. they usually run an act 1 and an act 2 at the same time.

anyway, i won my act 1 and then had to wait around like 2 hours for an act 2 to start, and then i lost.

then i had to go home... sad day at foxwoods.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:04 AM

http://www.foxwoods.com Go to the poker section/tournament talk for details.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:20 AM

Thanks daryn
Old 07-30-2004, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious how often Act I/Act II satellites are run at Foxwoods. I am going early next week, after my 21st. Are these tournies readily available without long waits? I might try to do a double header if I get through the Act I without a blowup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about doing the Act I thing in a couple weeks. Has anyone won both Act I & II? How often are the Act I tournament's running (like how long on avg to get a table of 10) ?

And is it easy to get in on a $2-4 or $4-8 game after the tournament? Sorry, I've never played at Foxwoods so I'm not too familiar, but is there usually a long wait for a seat at a table? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:15 AM

Has anyone won both Act I & II?

I have. Unfortunately I didn't cash in the Act III

And is it easy to get in on a $2-4 or $4-8 game after the tournament?

Depends on the day of the week and the time of day. saturday or Sunday afternoon you can easily wait for more than an hour.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Overall Strategy for the Acts

The waiting can be tough. I've decided to alter my strategy for playing the acts based on the fact that playing in the Act III was a pain because I work in Boston.

Since I plan to take vacation during the WPF and they run Act IIIs pretty much every day during the two weeks of the tourney, I'm only playing Act I's between now and then. I'll save my Act II entries to use during the tourney. I'd like to have a minimum of 5 entries to Act II's by then which means I should only have to play maybe 7 or 8 Act I's at the most.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone won both Act I & II?

I have. Unfortunately I didn't cash in the Act III

[/ QUOTE ]

What advice can you give? Looks like people are saying to play tight in Act I, but then loosen up a bit in Act II?

[ QUOTE ]
And is it easy to get in on a $2-4 or $4-8 game after the tournament?

Depends on the day of the week and the time of day. saturday or Sunday afternoon you can easily wait for more than an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd be going on a Saturday afternoon.. plan is to play Act I in the early afternoon, and then either play Act II or $2-4/$4-8, depending on whether I bust out or not..
Old 07-30-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Overall Strategy for the Acts

[ QUOTE ]
The waiting can be tough. I've decided to alter my strategy for playing the acts based on the fact that playing in the Act III was a pain because I work in Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nothing -- I'm coming from Westchester.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Edit-Actually I just looked it up.. I'm only 20-30mi further away than you are.. so same problem I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
Since I plan to take vacation during the WPF and they run Act IIIs pretty much every day during the two weeks of the tourney, I'm only playing Act I's between now and then. I'll save my Act II entries to use during the tourney. I'd like to have a minimum of 5 entries to Act II's by then which means I should only have to play maybe 7 or 8 Act I's at the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed the requirement that you play Act III quickly after Act II. That would mean I'd have to take a Thursday and Friday off from work (either that or do a whole lot of driving and come to work very tired). I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.. Step 1 is to play Act I..
Old 07-30-2004, 11:36 AM

Looks like people are saying to play tight in Act I, but then loosen up a bit in Act II?

makes sense. if you play well and aren't completely card-dead, limping into an Act II isn't tought. The skill level in the I's is pretty low. In the II's, even though 2nd and 3rd gets you another II, you really want the big prize so you have to be more aggressive, plus the overall skill level of your opponents is a bit higher.

Definitely a much bigger jump in the quality and aggressiveness of opponents you face in the III.