Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Default 89s 30/60

How does my line look? button 15/11/2.8. BB basic LPP. Co posted 15$ dead money to the pot.

- - - HAND Game - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is SB with <font color="red">8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (9 Players)
5 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, CO checks, Button <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, BB calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>,

Flop: (225.00 SB) <font color="blue">8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, BB <font color="green">bets</font>, Button <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, BB calls,

Turn: (405.00 BB) <font color="blue">8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, BB checks, Button <font color="green">bets</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB calls,

River: (525.00 BB) <font color="blue">8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
BB checks, Button checks,

Final Pot: 525.00 BB
Old 10-01-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: 89s 30/60

Looks good to me.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:21 PM

Seems ok but I'd probably lean towards 3-betting the flop to make the hand easier to play.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems ok but I'd probably lean towards 3-betting the flop because i have the best hand and i can get people to fold 5-6 live outs

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:45 PM

Calling seems odd on the flop, the way you played it you are calling 2 cold for a five outer and saying you have the worst hand, if you believe this, then folding is clearly the play. Betting the flop makes the hand much easier to play, this way you let players define their hand more. If the BB raises your bet, then you know he also hit this flop, if the button then 3-bets, you know you are smoked and can fold for only losing 1 bet. if button just cold calls, you can assume you are ahead probably, and either 3-bet or call. The truth is, you are probably folding the turn either way, but calling two cold on the flop seems quite poor to me, as it accomlpishes nothing in the way of defining hands, protecting your hand, or value betting. Also when you decide you have 5 outs, you shouldn't call 2 cold
Old 10-01-2005, 05:14 PM

i think against most button raisers who will autobet this flop check raising &gt; betting
Old 10-01-2005, 10:40 PM

YOu were going to checkraise the flop right? Do it anyway. For the love of god don't just check and call two cold, then check and fold when a single overcard hits. This hand was butchered. YOu haven't shown any strength here, you can at best narrow your opponents range to something very wide, and now you have to fold because you've played our hand so weakly.

Check 3bet the flop. All your troubles started when you check coldcalled the flop with a made hand.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:52 PM

Does anyone fold preflop?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]id threebet.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:53 PM

Unless the raiser plays very poorly post flop (fit or fold, spews, etc.), I don't like three betting with speculative hands out of position (once in a while to mix up play). Also, you may get capped (I almost always cap a three bet from the SB...I have position and am fully aware players like to try to resteal).