Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Is this the correct amount of action?

UTG is 31/14 and aggressive postflop.
Button is 40/8 (100+ hands) and tricky postflop.

My thoughts: Based on button's PFR%, I felt he had big overcards or 88+. That is why I 3-bet the turn. After his cap, I still wasn't convinced that I was behind, so I bet the river. I pretty much ignored UTG throughout the hand as he just kept calling.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (21.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.20 BB
Old 02-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Is this the correct amount of action?

I say check/call the river, after capping the turn, chances are they'll bet again for you. However when you get raised on the river after leading into the guy who just capped the turn, you will be beat most of the time, and grudgingly you'll pay off, that whole i've got rockets the pots huge and I hate this game sought of thing.

UTG laughs and turns over quads?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:28 AM

I don't know, i think i slow down on the turn. Reads are important here as the board is co-ordinated, you think it's impossible someone has the straight? I think this is one of those situations where raising the turn gets worse hands to fold or go into call down mode and better hands to keep raising into you when you could actually be drawing dead.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:45 AM

Meh, I slow down on the Turn since there's a 4-straight on board. I'd probably just call the raise on the turn. If I had to guess hands though, I'd say UTG has trip sixes or a slowplayed monster, and Button has an overpair or 55. I call the river getting 26-1 or something stupid like that, but I don't think it's a very profitable call.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 AM

I think calling the turn raise then bet/call when you river the two pair is a better line. You win the most I think, and don't open yourself up to the rape that it looks like you got.