Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 PM

Default it\'s okay LA - we all suck sometimes

playing 3-handed 2/5 at the Wynn....I have $2k, superfish has $2k, young dude who's trying to play good has $1k.....

the game just got 3-handed so there's only one BB (no SB) in this hand....

young dude opens UTG for $15, I call on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , fish calls in BB

flop ($45) is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

fish checks, dude bets $50, I seriously think about raising but decide to call because fish is the type of guy to overcall with almost any decent heart and might get loopy if he's got the K.....

turn ($200) is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

fish checks, dude bets $200, I push....
Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: it\'s okay LA - we all suck sometimes

As long as you have more than $4k in your pocket, I like it fine.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:16 PM

I'm gonna say meh. You can always bluff the river if you need to, but why semi-bluff now? Your original plan was a good one and this is fraying away from that plan. If the fish overcalled, it is most likely he has a high heart. Hope the heart comes on the river and try to get a large portion of his stack. By going all in, he most likely will fold and you lose your chance at possibly stacking him.

Or like Diablo said, have $4K in your pocket and make sure this metegame is worth it (i.e. the fish will stay long enough to get it back)
Old 10-21-2005, 09:44 PM

I might be missing something big here, but...

This doesn't seem like a bad play. I don't really know what you meant by "trying to play good," but it seems to me that your opponent is capable of folding a lot of hands in his range here. You might even be ahead if he has a hand like KhJx. Plus, you're still drawing to the best hand.

Doesn't dude need to fold about 50% of the time for this to be +EV? And that's not even including the times he calls and you hit one of your 12 outs.