Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Turn checkraise lay down TPTK?

UTG+1 is a LP-P 38/3/.94. The pots too big to fold here, right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 05-25-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Turn checkraise lay down TPTK?

I agree.

Looks very similiar to the example starting on p. 108 of SSH to me.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 PM

Looks like trips. But I would call the river bet also. I think it is to costly the few times your hand is good here to fold.

After rereading the OP it seems he is also asking if folding on the turn is a option. I think you have to call the turn raise. Villian could be check/raising with 2 pair or a overpair even the backdoor flush/str8 draws and you can still improve.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:40 PM

you got me what that guy has [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] he caps, check/calls, then c/r on the turn?

trips? unless he's capping with TT or the unlikely QQ, he played his pair of 3s or 4s quite aggressively, which if he is LP-P, I can't see him doing.

suited overcards is really the only thing i can think him playing like this postflop (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) but certainly not capping preflop. bah, call down is my final answer. wouldn't be suprised to see KK or AA.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 PM

The turn is definitely a call. You have real outs to win (assuming you are behind) and are getting great odds. The river is closer, but even if you think it's a close situation (I don't think it's that close), you have to err on the side of calling. I have definately seen this situation more than once and the check-raiser had a draw, top pair lower kicker, or even medium pair. Sometimes they will check-raise you because they assume that since you raised, you are betting into them with AK.

Nak
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you got me what that guy has [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] he caps, check/calls, then c/r on the turn?

trips? unless he's capping with TT or the unlikely QQ, he played his pair of 3s or 4s quite aggressively, which if he is LP-P, I can't see him doing.

suited overcards is really the only thing i can think him playing like this postflop (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) but certainly not capping preflop. bah, call down is my final answer. wouldn't be suprised to see KK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I didn't notice the cap. That might change some of my analysis, but I agree with your conclusion. I think you're right about AA, KK, or even QQ.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:07 PM

don't even think about folding here. you played it fine.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:22 PM

Folding on the turn would be really bad, because he doesn't cap TT preflop and there's only one way he can have QQ.

Folding the river is -sanity.