Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Too Weak?

Looking back I think I should have bet the flop. Is it too weak to lay this down on the turn? MP is a slp-p 28/0/.75 over 40 hands. Do I call down here? I think it should be a call down three handed, but does the presence of UTG plus the two overcards turn it into a turn fold considering the pot size?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...

River: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 05-24-2005, 12:26 AM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky
Default Re: Too Weak?

I like the flop call, and the turn fold, but what do I know.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:29 AM

I'm not raising this preflop.

Given that you did, and that you caught a piece of the board, a flop bet is pretty much mandatory.

Out of curiosity, what was your reasoning in raising preflop and yet checking postflop?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:34 AM

Really should bet the flop here after raising preflop (which I do like, by the way).
Old 05-24-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, what was your reasoning in raising preflop and yet checking postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to raise more preflop and I figured after a few limpers it was a good spot to raise. On the flop I guess I was worried that my hand was vulnerable to redraws if I hit my two pair. Looking at it now I really don't understand it either.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 AM

I raise the flop to eliminate UTG and when the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes I check/call the turn heads up looking for a K,J, or T to improve my hand. Not raising the flop and three handed I probably check/fold as my outs are more likely to be tainted.

River you come up empty and have to fold...