Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Flopped boat meets heavy resistance

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB

Comments?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Flopped boat meets heavy resistance

Any read on the button? J10 is a strong possibility here. Any particular reason you didn't raise the flop? I'm asking because I don't know. Looks like you have the BB trapped at least. I can see wanting MP1 to overcall here, is that the line you were using?

The turn card sucks. Did you consider that the button may have flopped trips and filled up when he capped?

I would (and have) called the 3 bet here, and called a river bet.

*non-expert disclaimer*
Old 01-22-2005, 12:32 AM

I was slowplaying on the flop. I don't do it often, but this seemed like the time.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:34 AM

Seems like you played it goot.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:35 AM

I don't like it. You want the singleton jacks to raise you and you want the BB to get happy to his overpair. No one's going to put you on a flopped boat here, so what's the point of slowplaying? Bet and jam, jam, jam.

If you do that, begin to fear flopped quads or TT when he raises you on the river. Actually, I don't know if I could fear TT because your flop play never gave your opponent a chance to "wake up" on the turn. But I'm guessing the button had AJ or KJ.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. You want the singleton jacks to raise you and you want the BB to get happy to his overpair. No one's going to put you on a flopped boat here, so what's the point of slowplaying? Bet and jam, jam, jam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I needed a good smack in the face. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Now that we've determined you botched this hand, how 'bout giving us the results! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 12:43 AM

BB shows 27o.

He was on the draw....

jk
Old 01-22-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was slowplaying on the flop. I don't do it often, but this seemed like the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty please put as many flop bets in as you can. You already have a full house and it'd be tragic if someone got a better one cheaper than possible. I also don't slow down despite the fact that JT is a reasonable holding for villain, since you're ahead of any other hand and any jack with a good kicker could be played this way.