Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious how would you react if someone did that to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd tell him "What dude, you may have won the hand, but at least I have never open mouth kised a man before"
Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 AM

I go against my word, only because the defender of he-bitch man-slapping the ears is truly a moron.
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a link on ear strikes: Ear strikes discussion

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you read this? First of all, if you're going to base your fight-plan on something you read online that begins with "my hapkido instructor teaches..." then you're streetfighting's equivalent to a donkey. Moreover, that discussion doesn't really strenghten your argument too much.
"The ear thing would cause a lot of pain and i recon it would work but landing it in such a manner for it to work might be difficult. Its not like landing a punch. You must have the whole hand land perfectly."
i.e. is you're opponent really going to stand there and let you slap at his ears a few times before you get it right.

"Boxing the ears works if you have two free hands and a static opponent. It can blow out the ear drums, likely causing the victim to bleed from the ears and experience a lack of balance as seen in a drunk. You're almost certainly not going to pull it off against someone mid-fight, so your best bet is boxing the ears as a first strike.

You can also slap the ear with an open hand in a hooking motion. It hurts, but you won't bust the ear drum. I have gotten a knockdown using this as a first strike."
Again, notice the line about a static opponent, not that likely in a fight, they're usually pretty busy trying to hit you and take you down to "ground and pound" you.

You're praising an idiotic concept that would have to be executed perfectly to be effective and the effectiveness of the technique is questionable at best.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:53 AM

I'm sorry sir, I just couldn't help myself.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:06 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry sir, I just couldn't help myself.

[/ QUOTE ]\

Ha ha! So much for that discipline you claim to have in not hijacking the thread and responding to the martial arts discussion, w00t!

I would think a ridge-hand strike near the bottom of the ear/top of the jaw would be pretty damaging, if executed correctly.

But I'd still normally strike more vital areas (eyes, throat, joints)
Old 11-17-2005, 04:10 AM

I've had a confrontation more comical than this, a very skinny man of foreign descent once told me (I'm 24, 6'2 240) let's go outside, when I crushed him in a 10-20 Omaha/8 game. (got heads up at the turn, I had J's full, to his T's full) got him all in (about 600$) .. so I told him, "Ok sir, I will go outside with you, but I would much rather take your money than your dignity"

I guess the comment wouldn't work for a sitngo you just got busted from.. but...
Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Here's another link with information on ear strikes:

Ear section listed plus mention in the jaw section
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Even though you're a mental midget, I'm going to agree with you just to shut you up. You're absolutely right, punching a man in the ear is the best way to go. It's the most devestating of all strikes, grasshopper. So, in response to the OP, he should've said, "Sir, please hold still while I slap your ear. I may need several attempts to get it right, as I need a strong flow of air to enter your ear canal in order to rupture your eardrum, so please be patient."
Old 11-17-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're absolutely right, punching a man in the ear is the best way to go. It's the most devestating of all strikes, grasshopper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danielson, I am ROFL now with tea streaming from my nostrils. This discussion is better than waxing off...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Danielson, I am ROFL now with tea streaming from my nostrils. This discussion is better than waxing off...

[/ QUOTE ]
I aim to please. However, if you win a pot from me and get in my face, I don't care how nice of a guy you are, I'm gonna pound your ears. If you turn to run away, I will ass-punch you, got it, tough guy? Ha ha ha!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though you're a mental midget, I'm going to agree with you just to shut you up. You're absolutely right, punching a man in the ear is the best way to go. It's the most devestating of all strikes, grasshopper. So, in response to the OP, he should've said, "Sir, please hold still while I slap your ear. I may need several attempts to get it right, as I need a strong flow of air to enter your ear canal in order to rupture your eardrum, so please be patient."

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I never said it was the best way to go. I just said that you could do some significant damage to someone if you hit them right.

Perhaps you should return to the dojo and learn humility? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]