Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

how are you guys getting these deals?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:09 PM

$400 / 6000 raked hands by end of October. No offer for November yet.

-- Kevin
Old 10-28-2005, 09:24 PM

No Offer here yet, although I did get an e-mail back from them within a couple hours of writing. In my e-mail to them I mentioned my limit of play (high volume but not high limit) Why I left them a few months back (rakeback at other sites) and expressed an interest in getting an incentive offer since I had been reading about other players (you guys) getting them. Here is their reply:

Dear Terry,

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalised email and telephone support, special freerolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club. One of your associates will be in touch to discuss your options as soon as possible. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Catriona Byrne
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

This response seems pretty benign to me, but I'm sleeping with my cell phone just in case [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes a person a VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP team consists of a small group of people that have poker experience and is headed by someone that I feel is dedicated to making it work. They are currently in the process of putting together a dedicated VIP support team.
The offers/promotions that many of you are receiving are the first to go out, and will help to define the future of the program. Nothing is concrete and everything will be evaluated as the program stabilizes. There will be new offers/promotions in the future. As the program matures there will also be higher levels.
Whether you currently play at PartyPoker.com, used to play or have never played you will be considered equally. You don’t need to be “inactive” or “super active” to get a better deal. There will be minimum requirements to stay a VIP and those that don’t meet it will be replaced.
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

If you haven’t been contacted by someone in the team you can email them at vip@partypoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Whether one views it as a "replacement for rakeback" seems immaterial. To echo Stu's point the fundamental issues are: (1) what incentives will Party offer to attract high volume players to the site, and (2) how does the expected value of those incentives compare to the incentives offered by other rooms? Whether Party is or is not unalterably opposed to something that walks like rakeback and talks like rakeback (but isn't rakeback), it cannot change the underlying econmic drivers of the potential relationship: high volume players generate higher revenue for Party; high volume players are aware of the revenue being generated by their play; and high volume players expect incentives commensurate with the revenue they generate. If the nascent VIP program is merely an extension of a points system whereby we can all use points to buy more beanies or tourney entries, then the incentive value is very low, and high volume players will naturally drift to roooms that offer comparable games and better incentives. I'm sure this must be obvious to these folks running VIP and I would presume that if they want to make it successful they shouldn't really try to pick a fight with or otherwise ignore the underlying economics driving the issue. That's a losing battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice hand sir.

Also, I think we can lay off the enjoy thing just a little bit. Party didn't have to implement this program, but they did, and hopefully if it runs smoothly for everybody party and high volume players will both be taking home sacks full of cash.

Deciding that we would all just play there anyway wouldn't have been the most profitable course for party, but I think they should be rewarded for their good behavior (or at least cut some slack). I mean they have support people who speak English now?!

This in no way means I don't think party and stars should get into a price/ services war. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 PM

Probably worth noting that the Halloween Handout is a nice bonus for high volume players, this weekend!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:07 PM

totally. It's ashame I'm hosting a kegger tomorrow night, so I can't run with you bad boys for this one.

(3 billionth hand promo is also hot)
Old 10-28-2005, 10:21 PM

It's a generic response, and I got the same one. waiting for a call, but I gave them a four hour window that I'd definitely be available in.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how are you guys getting these deals?

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to e mail VIP@partypoker.com, and leave a contact number and request an offer
Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 PM

I got cold called. At first he said, "I'll give you $100 for 4000 hands played in a month."
"Yeah, that's cool. I can do 4000 hands today."
"No in a month!"
"No, Today!"
"Well, maybe we can work out a better deal for you. How many hands to you play in a month?"
yadda yadda yadda - they offered $1250 for 50K.
"does that sound ok to you?"
"SURE!!! Not gonna turn down free money, you know?!?"
Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 PM

If I'm going to play 50k hands there I would think that $2500 would be am acceptable offer.

$1250 for 50k hands is kinda bad (2.5 cents/hand).
You do realize that both offers he gave you were the same amount of money per hand, right?