Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Reaching for his wallet...

Don't blink. Throw your car keys on the table and keep staring. If he counters with a picture of his wife, then he's got the 4th ten. If not, you win.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't blink. Throw your car keys on the table and keep staring. If he counters with a picture of his wife, then he's got the 4th ten. If not, you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I put up a picture of my wife, I'd be hoping you had the ten.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:01 PM

If I put up a picture of my wife, I'd be hoping you had the ten.

AWESOME
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 PM

I totally agree with the previous post. Cheap little no limit cash games are just played for pure fun, and that's it. You shouldn't be getting bent out of shape on a call like this for $5. I know not everyone has a fatty bankroll, but come on man. I stay away from the cheapy cheap cash games they always turn into texas no folde'm, and the big winner ends up just being the luckiest player of the night, the player that catches his river card more than anyone else. Don't think for a second that you can learn much from playing these games either. Other than learning to read other players that's about it. And playing the same people week in and week out gets old. Everyone knows everyones tells and betting style. I normally play these cheese games when I am extremely drunk and normally will put all of my chips in the middle preflop with a 22 or suited connectors. Oh, and yes I would have all my chips in the pot no doubt about it with QQ and that flop, cheap cash game or not.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyro, why do you play NL cash games multiple times a week for $5? You nobody.

[/ QUOTE ]

For fun?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:33 PM

notice how all the new posters are berating OP for playing in a $5 cash game. Fools.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 AM

It looks alot like he is trying to hollywood you into a call. If he was bluffing, he probably wouldnīt take his wallet, as he wouldnīt want to do anything that may make you call.
Could also be a reverse hollywood [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Without having played with him itīs hard to say. Just make a mental note of how he acts with whatever he has if you get to see it and try to see how he acts other times when he wants a call and when he doesnīt.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 AM

Okay, that's it! I've had enough of this victimization of small limit NL gamers! I see it all the time from people who are coming off as bullies! It doesn't matter that the game is for $5, it's the principle! calling $2 into a $10 pot is the same thing (in terms of odds) as calling $200 into a $1000 pot! If you honestly read the comments, this was not a question about "Am I cool for playing $5 NL buy-in games?" but the question was about a tell, "Have you seen this tell before, and what does it mean?" How petty can you be!? But you continue by making bad jokes about him! How come every bully has to be a comedian? (Okay, so David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth, and Buddha walk into a cardroom...anyway Buddha says that he doesn't believe in good or bad cards! ah hahahaha!)

But let's get to the heart of the matter. I would say you should treat this tell as what level he is on. Is he honestly preparing to reach into his wallet, signaling weakness? Does he realize this and he is only doing this to get you to call, and he has the case ten, signaling strength? Does he realize this, and realize that you realize this, and exhibiting this tell to get you to lay down your hand? First figure out what level he's on, and what level he thinks you're on, and decide what to do from there, but try not to overthink it like I probably just did. Hey, if anyone can figure this out, it's you (the initial author), because he knows these guys in and out. Good luck!

Rusty G.