Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: StarSpy Beta Testers Needed

[ QUOTE ]
It keeps saying "StarSpy cannot detect PokerStars" for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...

The only reason StarSpy outputs that message is if it doesn't detect the Instant Hand History window. Are you running any other software that uses the IHH window, like PokerAce Hud?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:07 PM

It was PAHud, but I closed PAHud, and all my other poker software, but no luck still [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] gonna try restarting.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It keeps saying "StarSpy cannot detect PokerStars" for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...

The only reason StarSpy outputs that message is if it doesn't detect the Instant Hand History window. Are you running any other software that uses the IHH window, like PokerAce Hud?

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't be able to use our software together, we each require complete control over the instant hand history window.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:14 PM

I've noticed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Very nice work, BTW!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Very nice work, BTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I restarted and now it says "x HHs grabbed" every minute or so, with x usually being 1. Is this correct with 39 tables?

Also, I'm not seeing these HH files in my HH directory that I chose. Any other advice?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I restarted and now it says "x HHs grabbed" every minute or so, with x usually being 1. Is this correct with 39 tables?

Also, I'm not seeing these HH files in my HH directory that I chose. Any other advice?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there should certainly be more than 1 HH found per 1-minute cycle if you've captured 39 tables. And the reason there aren't any files in the HH directory is because there haven't been (due to whatever is happening) enough HHs grabbed to warrant a text file.

Did you restart PokerStars as well as StarSpy?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Yeah...weird...gonna restard one more time and try it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 07:42 PM

I've now installed Starspy on 2 computers, and each time, during the installation process, it told me that 2 different files "already existed" and asked me if I wanted to overwrite them.

I said yes, and setup completed normally after that. I'm just a little nervous b/c they're expensive computers...what did I overwrite, and should I not have???
Old 07-06-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've now installed Starspy on 2 computers, and each time, during the installation process, it told me that 2 different files "already existed" and asked me if I wanted to overwrite them.

I said yes, and setup completed normally after that. I'm just a little nervous b/c they're expensive computers...what did I overwrite, and should I not have???

[/ QUOTE ]
Aside from StarSpy.exe, these are the files copied to your PC at setup:

VB6STKIT.DLL
COMCAT.DLL
STDOLE2.TLB
ASYCFILT.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
msvbvm60.dll
COMDLG32.OCX

The program I used to create the setup executable will, by default, follow these rules for overwriting:

[ QUOTE ]
1. If the existing file is an older version than the file being installed (as determined by the files' version info), the existing file will be replaced.

2. If the existing file is the same version as the file being installed, the existing file will not be replaced, except if the replacesameversion flag is used and the content of the two files differs.

3. If the existing file is a newer version than the file being installed, or if the existing file has version info but the file being installed does not, the existing file will not be replaced.

4. If the existing file does not have version info, it will be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

The files that were overwritten were most likely just older than the ones included in the StarSpy setup executable, and I just updated my programming files recently, so I know I have the most recent versions of each. There's no reason why any of the above files should cause your PC to go boom.

No worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM

I am having the same problem baronzeus was having. I capture the tables and then stop capturing. I then start grabbing hand histories and it always says grabbed 1 HH after the first minute. After that it will not find any new HHs until I tell it to stop capturing. It will then ask me if I want to do one last capture and then it will usually find two or three more HHs, but that is it no matter how many tables I have open.

I have tried doing things in every combination possible. I have restarted the programs and the computer numerous times. It is always the same issue. Any thoughts? Previous versions of StarSpy worked for me.