Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you paid taxes on your winnings this year?
I paid. 5 20.00%
I opted not to pay. 9 36.00%
I didn't win enough to pay taxes. 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: My Reason and Phillips Poll

While the moderators are valuable, in general they aren't behaving to a very high standard and the initial instance where Paul's post was deleted was absurd. Contintuing to defend the indefensible simply makes 2+2 look bad, acknowledge the mistake, tender the appropriate apology and hope to move on from an incident that has not been to 2+2's credit.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:00 PM

The time being spent on this topic is ridiculous, when we should all be working towards the 2+2 Death Penalty Initiative. :::cough::: :::cough:::

~
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM

I read that article and don't agree with him actually.

I think that the distinction between 'shadow of a doubt' that David wants and 'reasonable doubt' which is the standard for conviction would be too tricky to navigate and could be used inappropriately.

I am more in favor of simply abolishing the death-penalty.
Just my opinion which I am fully aware will not make a lick of difference to those legislators who have the power to go one way or the other.

I also disagree with the notion that a bunch of 2+2'ers should try to get together to push one political agenda or another.
We know that many of us are fairly sharp and understand EV and what-not....but that doesn't mean that anyone else in society will 'get it' or will care what a bunch of poker-playing degenerates have to say.

I think the Save Paul Phillips discussion is more important than 2+2 trying to push this stuff.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PP has stated that if any of his posts here were ever deleted he'd leave. Therefore this poll seems completely pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not pointless. Whenever people complain that PP was banned, Mason will be able to reply, "He wasn't banned. He is welcome to post here anytime he wants as long as he minds the terms and conditions." This will be a major rhetorical coup.

[/ QUOTE ]

This shows great maturity and bigger picture judgment on Mason’s part. Sooner or later, Paul will hopefully reach the same conclusion and I’ll bet he’ll be back when doing so suits his purposes. I’ll also bet suiting his purposes will benefit the forum.

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting a poll to determine whether Paul comes back isn't "bigger picture judgment". Can't you see that this poll is a way for Mason and Sklansky to avoid taking responsibility for the outcome? It's the perfect buck-pass...now they have "no choice" but to unban Paul, thus saving face. It's like straight out of a game theory textbook.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While the moderators are valuable, in general they aren't behaving to a very high standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please contact me privately with specific examples. We have over 40 moderators. I was the one who made a mistake deleting the phillips thread, not any other moderator. This notion that all of our forty moderators are doing a poor job disturbs me, and if it is true, I need people to give me specific examples. I don't think it is true. I think there is some controversy about the methods employed in this forum and OOT, but everyone and anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mat
Old 11-12-2005, 04:24 AM

im guessing im not the only one kinda hoping that this whole thing is just a joke?

cause if it isnt.... this so lame its unbelievable.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:05 AM

Meh, who cares. I like Paul Phillips, but he doesn't post anything useful and he probably is done posting here anyway.
Closed Thread