Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Default For your consideration

SB is pretty typical PF (30/11) w/ some aggressive tendencies (2.5 AF). He hasn't done anything unexpected yet given his stats after about six orbits.

BB is on the maniacal side (70/33/2.5) after five orbits. Again, what stats you see is what you get with him for the most part. He has checked after raising PF and he's bet into a field after a flop gets checked through. He's shown down top pair more than his fair share, so I haven't seen enough hands to get a more specific handle on him yet.

CO's observed stats (28/11) have him on the tighter side of the spectrum.

Button is TP (18/7) and has been giving me the button all session long.

--

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises...</font>
Old 12-01-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: For your consideration

SB has you beat but he's folding, you probly have BB beat, NH.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:04 PM

i think this is a flop fold. sb's pfr% is not that high... so usually either your 7 or your A is dominated. to me, it looks like you have some reverse implied odds on your pair outs, and all you really have going for you is your backdoor flush draw.

given your flop call, you turn raise is probably correct as the last money you put into the pot unimproved. now we know SB probably has a big ace, and there's basically no way he's going to stay in for two bets.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:05 PM

never mind, read it wrong.

the turn raise is the best play for you to win the hand, as BB is a maniac, and sb might fold.

Not to mention the outs you picked up if you are behind. I like it
Old 12-01-2005, 02:09 PM

Turn raise for value with 12 outs and trying to get SB to fold a better A?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a flop fold. sb's pfr% is not that high... so usually either your 7 or your A is dominated. to me, it looks like you have some reverse implied odds on your pair outs, and all you really have going for you is your backdoor flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, good point. My PFR is 11 also but that's at full ring. Doubtful that SB is aggressive enough to be on a resteal vs. an MP raise.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that usually my 7 or A is dominated, but that would leave the other free unless he has AA.

I think the flop is very marginal.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn raise for value with 12 outs and trying to get SB to fold a better A?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no value in the turn raise if I never hold the best hand going to the river. I'm trying to buy the best hand first, buying Ace outs is a secondary effect.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:48 PM

This raise is almost mandatory.

If you purchase the best hand, you increase your equity by about 60%. That's worth about 3BB for an investment of .8BB (Assuming Sb wouldn't fold for 1 anyway).

You only have to be buying the best hand like 1 in 4 times for this to be correct.

Even if you are behind to BB at this point.

Will BB 3bet you when ahead?
If so, you lose .8BB drawing to the nut flush.

If behind you will clear up an average of 3 outs. This will increase your equity by 7%. In a 6.5BB pot that's worth .455BB.

Without the case 8, BB 3bets you WAY less than 50% of the time.

VERY NICE RAISE.[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 06:13 PM

--blind response--

pf - is standard, and sb usually has to threebet with any hand he wants to play. With a maniac in the bb though, if I were sb I'd consider just calling some playable hands since taz is coming along anyway. I don't know if he's actually made this adjustment though.

flop - this is likely a continuation bet from sb with any hand that he wanted to play initially.

turn - I don't like the raise. We're getting the right price to call on flush outs alone. IMO its too late to try a move on both of these players. If you believe that you may have the best hand, then just call here and call the river. If you think that you're behind one of them, then draw (profitably) to your flush and fold on the river UI.