Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Common top pair situation

I get stuck in these situations too. I agree with the rest that this is a good spot to check raise.

What happens to me is I get 3 bet and I'm OOP and lost again. Is this a hand that I should be folding to a 3-bet on this flop, or showing down?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 AM

*grunch*

Check/raise for value? Lead for fun? I'm not really sure the "optimal" line, as the button complicates things. Heads up I'd check/raise all day long. There's really no way to protect our hand from the turn cards we don't want to see. Donking might work if the CO would raise some weaker hands and charge our calling station 2 cold. Then we could call down from there unless the board gets really dangerous.

I'm leaning towards betting just because I would hate to see this get checked through, and the CO could always raise for us.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Check/raise for value? Lead for fun? I'm not really sure the "optimal" line, as the button complicates things. Heads up I'd check/raise all day long. There's really no way to protect our hand from the turn cards we don't want to see. Donking might work if the CO would raise some weaker hands and charge our calling station 2 cold. Then we could call down from there unless the board gets really dangerous.

I'm leaning towards betting just because I would hate to see this get checked through, and the CO could always raise for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, verse a 34/21, this is never getting checked through.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thing is, verse a 34/21, this is never getting checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, but I just kept thinking about this -

"I don't know anything about him postflop"

I agree that heads up he's betting it every time, but with a calling station of a button in the hand he may hesitate to bet his Ax here.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:53 AM

IMO I see this flop checked through against any random opponent who pfrs <5% of the time. I would assume an unknown to play as the average amalgamation of all opponents and speculate a similarly low number.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:54 AM

/grunch/
I'm not sure if I make this call preflop myself, even if he is raising like a complete donk, this may not be one of those times.

On the flop, if I did call this, I'd probably bet straight out and call a raise. If UI on the T, I'll bet/fold. Though that sounds pretty lame, I'd like other thoughts.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
/grunch/
I'm not sure if I make this call preflop myself, even if he is raising like a complete donk, this may not be one of those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his position, and his high raising percentage, this is a pretty standard call preflop.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:58 AM

What about bet/calling the flop, folding if button 3-bets, and then donkbetting the turn? If CO raises us, we can fold, if not, there's lots of hands he'd raise the flop with and call the turn with.