Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: How often is this an Ace?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Redd on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. There are tons of otherwise decent tight players who have no clue how/when to apply WA/WB. This includes just about every tight non-2+2er as well as lots of people on the SS forum.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious why you expect this largely unknown crypto 1/2 player to be thinking enough to WA/WB hero here? I think this is just him getting excited with a hand much more often than an attempt to get you to fold an overpair to his pocket. I'll agree that it's a worse PP a nontrivial amount of the time here, but I'm not sure if it will be often enough to justify a calldown.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly possible, as I said if he's a straightforward unthinking opponent I would be more likely to fold. With OP's amendment that his default read at that limit is "unthinking tag" folding is probably fine.

I would just always consider who your opponent is here before folding.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All opinions welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see strength in that checkraise. I see someone wanting free cards and/or a cheap showdown. I put him on either a baby to middle pocket pair or a weak ace, all of which would be consistent with the preflop call. So, my line is to cap the flop. If he leads the turn, I call down; if he checks to me I bet. If he checkraises again then -- I don't know. I probably flip a coin and call down on heads.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All opinions welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see strength in that checkraise. I see someone wanting free cards and/or a cheap showdown. I put him on either a baby to middle pocket pair or a weak ace, all of which would be consistent with the preflop call. So, my line is to cap the flop. If he leads the turn, I call down; if he checks to me I bet. If he checkraises again then -- I don't know. I probably flip a coin and call down on heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very likely that he will get a cheap showdown or free card this way (out of position) - in both scenarios you presented he's putting in 2 bets on the flop and 1 on the turn... one more sb than if he just check/called.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:22 PM

I don't think the decision between calling down and folding is close at all.