Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Lock it in now: KC -7 vs Cinci (or tease with Bucs -6.5 or Pitt -7)

This line is dramatically on the move, and is going to get even bigger.

KC has many many reasons to win this game, including the ability to sneak in to the playoffs if Pittsburgh loses against Detroit, desire to win for their (probably outbound) head coach, desire to give the fans a win when they're likely not headed to the playoffs, etc etc.

Cinci, on the other hand, while they technically could be playing for the #3 seed, there are a lot of reasons why it would be better for them to lose this game (including a more favorable matchup against Jacksonville, instead of having to play the much superior Steelers in a grudge match, and of course the ability to rest their starters in this game).

I couldn't post anything here until the line started to shoot up, as I didn't want to price myself out, but I'm locked in already with as much as i'm going to.

I would not be surprised to see this line end at -14 once more formal announcements are made that Cinci is sitting starters, which should allow for some significant arbitrage levels if you can move both sides of the line to your advantage.

If you don't like the KC -7, put them in a teaser with the Bucs (so KC PK Bucs -6.5) or another must-win team (teasing Pitt to -7 would probably be my second choice).