Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 PM

Default QQ vs. Reraise OOP 6-max

Making the switch to six max and need some help with my line here. Villain is 42.86/16.07 after 56 hands. I have raised last three pots in a row. I have a lot of trouble with QQ in this spot. Not sure what villain's reraising standards are here, but my table image (getting away with lots of position steals, etc.) leads me to believe he could be reraising with less than a premium holding. Help?! What do I do, bet more? c/c it down? I'm honestly lost here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) converter

CO ($75.60)
Button ($27.30)
SB ($32.60)
BB ($50)
UTG ($76.50)
Hero ($54.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($11.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, CO calls $6.

Turn: ($23.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11.5</font>, CO calls $11.50.

River: ($46.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $66.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Qd (one pair, queens).
CO has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins $66.75. </font>
Old 11-21-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. Reraise OOP 6-max

Sometimes I just feel that if you get reraised you're best to muck anything short of KK since it's usually AA or KK reraising you.

After that.... what can you do?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I just feel that if you get reraised you're best to muck anything short of KK since it's usually AA or KK reraising you.

After that.... what can you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, are you playing on scared money?! I think the implied odds of hitting a set are huge, and I'm within the 5/10 rule against AA/KK but look at the reads and situation here, particularly villains stats. Folding preflop when we're way ahead is just giving money away. Correct me if I'm way off base but folding preflop seems right out! Post-flop is where I'm struggling. PSB on flop maybe? c/c flop lead turn? After leading flop, maybe c/c turn c/c river? Thanks guys.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:14 PM

i wonder what would happen if you lead out for more on the flop, say $9 or $10. would you be able to slow down with the QQ?

i wonder if you check the turn, how much he's gonna fire at you.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:17 PM

I don't like leading the flop here. If he missed with AK he will fold and if he has an overpair he is gonna put you in a tricky spot (by calling down like he did, or by something gay like min raising you where your gonna lose alot more money).

Check the flop and go from there. From the way he played the hand I am sure his bets will be pretty small and you will not lose much if you are behind.