Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Extracting Value with Top Set

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for the post Isura, I am just using some autorate rules I found in the forum, this is something I am definitely look into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use autorate type rules in no-limit. For example, Player A and B can both have 30/10/2 stats but play totally different styles. Player A could attain those stats by minraising a lot, raising without consideration of position, and betting small/weak postflop (e.g. making dark tunnel bets). Player A could be a habitual slowplayer, but at the same time love to bluff in obvious spots. Player B may actually make normal preflop raises and reraises, consider position (e.g. makes isolation raises), bet his good hands, and check/folds his weak hands, and rarely check/raises. B could be completely predictable and be easier to play against than A.

The VP/PFR stats can be useful to get a feel for the range of hands villain could be playing, but they are not helpful for much else.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:55 PM

Here are the results of the hand, I c/c turn and decided to block/value bet river, is there a better amount to bet here?
Still curious as to what y'all might put villain on, I really have no clue.

Thanks for the posts guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

SB ($8.35)
BB ($31.55)
UTG ($24.75)
Hero ($28.05)
MP1 ($6.40)
MP2 ($38.30)
CO ($29.85)
Button ($14.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $5.5</font>, Hero calls $3.75.

Turn: ($15.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $4.5</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($24.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $31.10
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
60 hands with MP2 LAG 35.59/11.86/2.17

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not lag. You guys need to start understanding how to use these stats effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty laggy for full table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I initially thought the hand was from 6-max. Nevertheless, 11% is more moderately aggressive and slightly loose PREFLOP. It tells us very little about how villain will play after the flop.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
60 hands with MP2 LAG 35.59/11.86/2.17

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not lag. You guys need to start understanding how to use these stats effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty laggy for full table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I initially thought the hand was from 6-max. Nevertheless, 11% is more moderately aggressive and slightly loose PREFLOP. It tells us very little about how villain will play after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand that/agree. And I had to double check to see it was 8-handed, since I only play 6-max myself. I was just saying that his VPIP is pretty loose for a full table. His PFR% is not very aggressive, though. And 2.17 for his AF is also pretty standard, but sometimes I get confused since I am an aggro 6m'er.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:36 AM

Bet $3 on the flop, then raise all in when he raises.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:37 AM

Bet at least $12 on the river. That weak ass bet begs to be raised.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop. Then you can decide to 3-bet or CR turn, depending on what you prefer. I like a 3-bet since a lot of cards will come on the turn that are scare cards (more for him than for you).

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't even bet the flop he just called. pot that flop, inflate the pot. if the heart hits c/c it to the river if fill up wake up!
Old 10-22-2005, 02:00 AM

I call here. Gamble a bit hoping a fourth heart doesnt fall. I dont like raising as you could be drawing slim. I call and see what the river brings.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop. Then you can decide to 3-bet or CR turn, depending on what you prefer. I like a 3-bet since a lot of cards will come on the turn that are scare cards (more for him than for you).

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't even bet the flop he just called. pot that flop, inflate the pot. if the heart hits c/c it to the river if fill up wake up!

[/ QUOTE ]

He did bet the flop, but only about 1/3 pot. Reread the hand. This is where he messed it up, IMO.

-T