Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Default what new keyboard

i got the mx 1000 mouse and like the cordless. how about a good keyboard that is cordless, or should i stay with a corded one as they seem to need replacable batteries.

i think i like the old standard type of keys havent tried those ones with the separate halfs or curved boards. are they worth the trouble getting preficient at.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: what new keyboard

Corded if you keep it on a desk, cordless if you put it in your lap sometimes, the batteries last a long time, IME.

I wouldn't bother with a natural keyboard, I used to use them but actually prefer the standard ones now.

Logitech makes pretty good keyboards but the action is mushy on most models. Find one with a crisp action. Most MS keyboards suit me better.

Media keys are great, btw... I never thought I'd use them but now I do all the time. My wife has one with a scroll wheel on the left, I'm undecided as to the usefulness of it.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i like the old standard type of keys havent tried those ones with the separate halfs or curved boards. are they worth the trouble getting preficient at.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think these are fantastic, and they really don't take much time at all to get used to. They are so much more comfortable.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got the mx 1000 mouse and like the cordless. how about a good keyboard that is cordless, or should i stay with a corded one as they seem to need replacable batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd continue with the Logitech theme and get a diNovo, just make sure you get the 2nd generation.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:16 PM

Ray:

If you like old standards, a model m is the way to go. I love these things, have been using for around 15 years. They are not ergo at all, and make a ton of noise. If you like keyboards with a positive action, this is it. Unicomp now manufactures them to spec new, and you can get them on ebay as well.

Unicomp <font color="red"> </font>

Fanatic site (type hard or go home):

modelm.org
Old 12-28-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Logitech makes pretty good keyboards but the action is mushy on most models. Find one with a crisp action. Most MS keyboards suit me better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah don't even bother to buy an logitech keyboard. I had 2 of them. The first one got broken and it was my fault (damn dr.pepper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) but the second one just got so bad. You could type with it but the buttons were so loose that it would take a year to get something typed. Now I'm using Keytronic ergoforce and I love it! This is just a keyboard that not only works perfectly but is cheap and durable. If you need to move your keyboard as mentioned like take it to lap or something similar you could get a cordless but I still prefer one with a cord. I think it's just how you like it.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:54 AM

I have a saitek. Superthin, super light and it lights up blue so it has that asthetic edge. I originally got it for MMO's but poker took up too much of my time. It is corded but keeps my desk looking very neat(much smaller then the average keyboard). Very crisp action with an extra keypad you can program for hot keys. I am sure you can use it as hot buttons for 'fold', 'raise' and 'call' if you play limit, haven't tried doing that yet.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:48 PM

My preferences are based on dealing with some pretty intense pain from many years of heavy computer use.

I have trashed my Logitech wireless mouse. The only wireless I still use is a Gyration Air Mouse. The seriously ergonomically designed mice for desktop use are all corded to reduce weight.

I gave up on wireless keyboards mainly because of the hassle of batteries going dead at inconvenient times.

The current ergonomic trend in keyboards is the compact design; since it’s smaller, it is easier to keep the mouse in a more ergonomically correct position closer to the center of the body. Zippy is a popular and well made brand. Since compact keyboards don’t have a number pad on the right, I use a separate USB numpad when needed.

For me, wireless wasn’t all that great a feature.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:51 PM

It also matters if you are a touch typist or just a hunt an pecker. Most of the ergonomic keyboard advantages will be lost on someone who hunts and pecks.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It also matters if you are a touch typist or just a hunt an pecker. Most of the ergonomic keyboard advantages will be lost on someone who hunts and pecks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, i consider myself above-average when it comes to computers and tech talk. But i have no idea what you're talking about, please enlighten me.