Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 06:49 PM

Default 97s CO standard hand

My plan here is to bet any non heart turns and check behind the river, or fold to a c/r. If a heart falls, I will check behind and fold the river to a bet assuming I don't improve somewhere. If he caps the flop, I will fold the turn unless I improve. No reads on this guy, playing without PT. What do you think about the flop 3bet?

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>
Old 12-24-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: 97s CO standard hand

Not really my 'style' per se but I've been knwon to do stuff like that from time to time and sometimes it's just some weird feeling you get during the hand that only you can get when sitting there.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:29 PM

i like your plan, but i don't like the flop 3bet. IMO if you want to scare him off of a T or a hand like 88, pop his ass on the turn.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really my 'style' per se but I've been knwon to do stuff like that from time to time and sometimes it's just some weird feeling you get during the hand that only you can get when sitting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a feeling you can get online vs. an unknown, or live?
Old 12-24-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a feeling you can get online vs. an unknown, or live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably best to just ask kurosh
Old 12-24-2005, 09:50 PM

I've tried doing this on occasion and sometimes it works a little. I think it's maybe a 15% of the time play.