Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Sometimes you just play like crap.

Two hands from a SnG I just played. Stacks are all about 800, not even done with the first orbit.

First hand: I am in CO and have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+2 makes it 100, I call and SB calls, BB folds.

Pot: 320.
The flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
it is check all the way around

Pot: 320.
The turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+2 sits and thinks and then bets 200. I took my whole time to ponder and finally called.

Pot: 720.
The river comes the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks to me and I move in, he calls.

I feel like this was the worst played hand ive ever had. I dont like my preflop call, I dont like my turn call, and I hate that I pushed on the river!

Hand 2 - I hate this even more!!

I am dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button
One limper in EP, folded to me and I raise to 70, original limper just calls.

Pot: 170.
Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet 20, he raises it to 50 and I just call, hoping to CR the turn.

Pot: 270.
THe turn comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check to him, he bets just the minimum. I felt that he had nothing better than a 7, and a checkraise would force him out of the pot, I was hoping he would catch another card, so I just call.

Pot: 270
The river comes the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I know I have him beat, so I check to him trying to at least get one more tiny bet out of him and he checks behind me!

Once again, it seems like I was waiting to make the check raise and then kept delaying it!

ARGGHHHH I hate days when I play like [censored].