Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Poker stars reload bonus 20% max. 120$

Dear PokerStars Player,

The third annual World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) is just around the corner. To fatten your bankroll in advance of the event, PokerStars is offering all of our players a 20% Deposit Bonus..

From now until 11:59PM ET on Tuesday, July 27th PokerStars is offering you a 20% WCOOP Deposit Bonus! For the first deposit made during that period, PokerStars will give you an extra 20% free (up to $120). Those bonus dollars will be released into your account once you have accumulated the required number of Frequent Player Points (FPPs). Details and restrictions of this promotion can be found on our website.

The WCOOP is the largest online poker tournament in the world and this year it guarantees at least $4 million in prize money. There are already over 1,800 entries, including 2004 World Champion of Poker Greg "Fossilman" Raymer .

PokerStars is giving away $500,000 of FREE entries into the WCOOP through our Frequent Player Program (FPP). You can register for a WCOOP main event, cash or FPP satellite by clicking on the WCOOP tab on PokerStars. Play in a satellite today!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Poker stars reload bonus 20% max. 120$

Hmm, sounds good. Of course, clearing the bonus will be somewhat of a hassle.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:09 PM

I'm almost saddened by this bonus. I feel compelled to do it, yet I'm still clearing the last one, and I do much worse in terms of play at there than most places.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:10 PM

I think the only site I dread more than Pokerstars for seeing a reload knowing that I'll have to do it there is Paradise. I stopped doing Absolute a while back because there's only so much 10c-25c NL I can take.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:16 PM

Assuming you are a micro-limit Limit HE player with marginal profitability, is there any way to make this bonus worthwhile? or are the games to tough to be worth it in a world of softer games elsewhere?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:44 PM

Even for micro limit player (and at least a break even in general player), this bonus is still +EV, though sometimes it doesn't seem like it
Old 07-23-2004, 04:45 PM

i find the .5/1 and 1/2 games at stars to be very beatable.

i don't think it's realistic to clear the bonus there at any limit less than that.

it is still not as fishy as party....but i think it is definitely fishier then it once was.

i've been saying this for a little while though, so if that hasn't been your opinion before it probably won't be now.

i've also cleared them playing the .5/1 NL there....i really don't play much NL at all.....but i stole a few small pots every once in awhile which was in-between waiting for big hands.

i think that on the .5/1 NL you can get around 5 points per orbit (not sure on this).....which is the same as clearing $1 of bonus. so you are paying $1.50 in blinds for $1 in bonus which isn't bad....you can just sit and wait for AA, KK, QQ and AK and probably make up that difference.

for the 1/2 limit game, it's possible to just play in super-tight mode and just try to do a little better than break-even....at the end of which you'll have your free $120.

also.....i have found some super-fish on the 6-max tables before (1/2 and 2/4). some of the players there are rocks....but some of the fish can be the very fishiest, raising it up with EVERY hand to the river.

if you are an SNG-guy....i think you get 5 points for each 10+1 (not positive...may want to confirm that).
since 5 points clears one-dollar of bonus that means you are getting your plus-one back.
$120 of bonus to clear equals 120 SNG's (at 10+1 level).
it would obviously take quite awhile to play your 120 SNG's....but if you are already an SNG player it's really not a bad deal.

just some thoughts on the matter....individual results can and will vary.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM

the $2-4 and $3-6 6MAX's are much fishier than the Full games at these same limits especially during any Bonus promo.

The full games play typically very tight.There are alot of bad players playing low limit short holdem who either play way too tight or way too loose.

rotate into 2,3,4 $2-4 6Max's that have at least a 6/7 times bb pot average.Should take 8 or so hours to clear give or take an hour.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:52 PM

I cleared the last bonus playing mainly O/8 (at 0.5/1 all the way through to 5/10 plus PL). The games were generally much looser than the equivalent HE ones.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:00 AM

At limits 1/2 and above if you multi-table clearing the bonus doesnt take that long.

Also i agree with ramjam the O8 games are pretty soft and a good way to clear the bonus

Gahnia radula