Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2004, 08:57 PM

Default email from the Pattern Mapper selling on e-bay!!

I don't appreciate your cracks. The system works and unless you can provide some form of proof,I will file a lawsuit in court against you and any companies you may own for SLANDER!

this comes from
knowledgeispower@cox.net

you should probebly e-mail him
Old 04-03-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: email from the Pattern Mapper selling on e-bay!!

I can't figure out if he's kidding, lying, or delusional!

Any guesses on which of the three it could be? My money would probably be on the second option- lying.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:25 PM

Default Re: email to Party Poker

To: info@partypoker.com
Date: 2:21am

Subject: Pattern Mapping

Dear Sirs

According to this advertisement on e-bay.com, Party Poker "Cracked" <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=268>, the shuffle at Party Poker is not random. The advertisement claims that the cards follow predictable patterns and that knowledgeable players can map these patterns to gain an advantage over other players without that knowledge. As a regular player at Party Poker (and one without a pattern map), I find this very worrying. Please would you let me know whether the claims in this advertisement are accurate.

Regards
Old 04-03-2004, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To: info@partypoker.com
Date: 2:21am

Subject: Pattern Mapping

Dear Sirs

According to this advertisement on e-bay.com, Party Poker "Cracked" <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=268>, the shuffle at Party Poker is not random. The advertisement claims that the cards follow predictable patterns and that knowledgeable players can map these patterns to gain an advantage over other players without that knowledge. As a regular player at Party Poker (and one without a pattern map), I find this very worrying. Please would you let me know whether the claims in this advertisement are accurate.

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, I dunno whats gunna be funnier, party's assinine response to that email, or the email from the whako actually selling the thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
info@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend sending it to alerts@partypoker.com. They actually contacted me after I made a post about all-in abuse.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:14 AM

Default email from Party Poker

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

We would like to thank you for bringing this to our notice. However, to ensure total fairness to each and every player on our tables, our software operates with a Random Number Generator system. This system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness, to ensure fairness without exception. This is the system that shuffles the decks and pulls the cards, so that all players have the same likelihood of getting cards. A good random number generator is one that generates numbers that are:

*Evenly distributed, and not related to each other in any way

*Unpredictable

Our Random Number Generator system has been certified by BMM International, highly reputable Software Auditing Company.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kiran
Poker Customer Care

Thanks, Kiran, but I could've guessed that. I was hoping for something more combative.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:24 AM

OMG what an idiot...everyone knows slander relates to the spoken word, he, of course, will be suing for libel
Old 04-04-2004, 12:36 PM

OMG what an idiot...everyone knows slander relates to the spoken word, he, of course, will be suing for libel

Wasn't that a favorite Joshman error?

Lori
Old 04-04-2004, 06:09 PM

Ryan

Thanks for the very full response. I can well believe that your shuffle is truly "random". My point is partly that whoever is placing this advert is (1) doing a lot of damage to your reputation in particular and to that of onlike poker in general and (2) apparently tyring to rip off potential customers (although they have only their own greed to blame). If his claims are untrue, perhaps you should approach either him or e-bay and tell him to desist.

Regards

alerts@partypoker.com wrote:

> Dear Player,
>
> Thank you for contacting us,
>
> We do understand your concerns;
> Please allow us to present ourselves and our efforts to make this place a really safe, secure and fair environment.
>
> We hope that the following points would help to further convince you about our integrity and fairplay and encourage you to come back and play with renewed interest and confidence.
>
> As you would agree, in any online business such as ours, the most vital aspect to which everything boils down to is 'Trust'. We cannot begin to overemphasize it's importance, nor have we ever made it an issue of compromise. That is something that we just cannot afford.
>
> In fact it is our integrity principles that have earned us the trust and
> loyalty of our players. We make every effort to ensure a fair and safe
> environment for all players.
>
> Addressing your query about the hands dealt, what makes your
> concern in this regard, so legible, is that players have brought them to our notice in the past in more ways than one, but always pointing to the fact that it is unreal and not random. I would like to draw your attention to two points in this regard.
>
> 1)The rate at which the game proceeds in an online game as against the
> regular offline game.
>
> 2)The Random Number Generator.
>
> You yourself would attest to the fact that the rate at which the money is brought in, blinds are placed, cards dealt, hands played, bets placed,called, and raised, every action is much faster than the regular games. The point that I am trying to make here is that, since the game is played at a much faster pace, the periodic cycles or patterns that you would observe in a game would also be proportionally faster.
> Hence the patterns seen here would be different from other places without being in anyway unfair or lacking in randomness.
>
> The systems, algorithms and practices at PartyPoker.com exist to ensure total fairness to each and every player. Our Random Number Generation (RNG) system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness, to ensure fairness without exception.
>
> Because the numbers the RNG generates are completely random, both the player and the online poker room are assured of complete fairness.
> PartyPoker.com is licensed and regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake, Canada. The PartyPoker.com payment system uses 128-bit encryption, certified by Thawte to ensure the highest level of privacy and identiality of your data.
>
> ( The 128-bit encrypted messages are 309,485,009,821,345,068,724,781,056 times harder to break than 40-bit messages. Thus, it would take the same technology used to crack the RSA 40-bit message 1 trillion x 1 trillion years to crack a 128-bit message. That's several trillion times longer than the age of the Earth.)
>
> We are also an active member of the IGC ("Interactive Gaming Council") and a strong supporter of its code of conduct The PartyPoker.com system is state of the art and is one of the safest systems online. The entire system sits behind one of the most advance firewalls in the world and we work with the best security advisers in the world to constantly upgrade the systems to protect your data and ours.
>
> As you can see, there is no manual intervention in any process, which would create a possibility for foul play; neither would there be any intention to from people who realize the value of integrity and trust. Let me assure you that we would leave no stone unturned in our efforts to promote a clean and fair atmosphere for some exciting play.
>
> We really hope that this report would not only convince you but also win you back to our tables with renewed confidence. We wish you all the very best at our tables.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ryan Dawson,
> Investigations Team,
> PartyPoker.com
>
>
>
>
> --Original Message--
> From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 2004-04-04 05:23
> To: alerts@partypoker.com
> Subject: Pattern Mapping[#947018]
>
> Please see message I sent earlier that I was informed might be better sent to the "alerts" mailbox.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:02 AM

tread carefully ramjam

it is obvious that they have not read a word you have said. some bozo is likely to think YOU are questioning the deal. if they tag you as someone who is claiming it is rigged, you will possibly have your account locked and then have a headache to fix it.

i would send directly to o'malley, lucy or sexton. support just is not understanding you.