Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 04-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Webster Webster is offline
Senior Member

Default email from the Pattern Mapper selling on e-bay!!

I don't appreciate your cracks. The system works and unless you can provide some form of proof,I will file a lawsuit in court against you and any companies you may own for SLANDER!

this comes from
knowledgeispower@cox.net

you should probebly e-mail him
Old 04-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Frozen Frozen is offline
Senior Member

Location: Chicago
Default Re: email from the Pattern Mapper selling on e-bay!!

I can't figure out if he's kidding, lying, or delusional!

Any guesses on which of the three it could be? My money would probably be on the second option- lying.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:25 PM
ramjam ramjam is offline
Senior Member

Location: London SW4
Default Re: email to Party Poker

To: info@partypoker.com
Date: 2:21am

Subject: Pattern Mapping

Dear Sirs

According to this advertisement on e-bay.com, Party Poker "Cracked" <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=268>, the shuffle at Party Poker is not random. The advertisement claims that the cards follow predictable patterns and that knowledgeable players can map these patterns to gain an advantage over other players without that knowledge. As a regular player at Party Poker (and one without a pattern map), I find this very worrying. Please would you let me know whether the claims in this advertisement are accurate.

Regards
Old 04-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline
Senior Member

Location: Tempe, AZ

[ QUOTE ]
To: info@partypoker.com
Date: 2:21am

Dear Sirs

According to this advertisement on e-bay.com, Party Poker "Cracked" <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=268>, the shuffle at Party Poker is not random. The advertisement claims that the cards follow predictable patterns and that knowledgeable players can map these patterns to gain an advantage over other players without that knowledge. As a regular player at Party Poker (and one without a pattern map), I find this very worrying. Please would you let me know whether the claims in this advertisement are accurate.

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, I dunno whats gunna be funnier, party's assinine response to that email, or the email from the whako actually selling the thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Jim Easton Jim Easton is offline
Senior Member

Location: Las Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
info@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend sending it to alerts@partypoker.com. They actually contacted me after I made a post about all-in abuse.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:14 AM
ramjam ramjam is offline
Senior Member

Location: London SW4
Default email from Party Poker

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

We would like to thank you for bringing this to our notice. However, to ensure total fairness to each and every player on our tables, our software operates with a Random Number Generator system. This system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness, to ensure fairness without exception. This is the system that shuffles the decks and pulls the cards, so that all players have the same likelihood of getting cards. A good random number generator is one that generates numbers that are:

*Evenly distributed, and not related to each other in any way

*Unpredictable

Our Random Number Generator system has been certified by BMM International, highly reputable Software Auditing Company.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kiran
Poker Customer Care

Thanks, Kiran, but I could've guessed that. I was hoping for something more combative.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:24 AM
TylerD TylerD is offline
Senior Member

Location: UK

OMG what an idiot...everyone knows slander relates to the spoken word, he, of course, will be suing for libel
Old 04-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Lori Lori is offline
Senior Member

Location: In cyberspace, no-one can hear your sig.

OMG what an idiot...everyone knows slander relates to the spoken word, he, of course, will be suing for libel

Wasn't that a favorite Joshman error?

Lori
Old 04-04-2004, 06:09 PM
ramjam ramjam is offline
Senior Member

Location: London SW4

Ryan

Thanks for the very full response. I can well believe that your shuffle is truly "random". My point is partly that whoever is placing this advert is (1) doing a lot of damage to your reputation in particular and to that of onlike poker in general and (2) apparently tyring to rip off potential customers (although they have only their own greed to blame). If his claims are untrue, perhaps you should approach either him or e-bay and tell him to desist.

Regards

Old 04-05-2004, 12:02 AM
GrannyMae GrannyMae is offline
Senior Member

tread carefully ramjam

it is obvious that they have not read a word you have said. some bozo is likely to think YOU are questioning the deal. if they tag you as someone who is claiming it is rigged, you will possibly have your account locked and then have a headache to fix it.

i would send directly to o'malley, lucy or sexton. support just is not understanding you.