Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: You must have some influence at FOX Wacki cause the title is Chang

[ QUOTE ]
You must have some influence at FOX Wacki cause the title is Changed

[/ QUOTE ]

No it hasn't. Your looking at the FOX BLOGS, go up to the top.

It would be funny if it had though. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Why do any of you care?

If you don't like it don't watch it.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious where do you get your news

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch network news or read the newspaper. I read a lot of news articles online, which of course link major newpapers and news outlets. Yahoo is my front page, I read the articles that interest me, I check out the election and "news" links. I watch the show "Hardball" every day. I like Inside Politics and Crossfire. I'll check out the liberal blogs and listen to Air America.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally have zero problem with Fox being right-wing. More power to them. Excellent business model. I DO have a problem with them saying they are fair and balanced, and constantly denying their bias

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with conservative news either, except Fox viewers have been shown to be misinformed on crucial issues, much more so than conservatives who get their news from other sources. Unless Fox viewers are just stupid (which could be the case), I can only conclude that Fox intentionally misleads its viewers.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:32 PM

There's not.

One of the most brilliant tactics the right-wing media came up with was to label the middle-of-the-road, moderate, trying-to-be-objective mainstream news outlets as "liberal," in order to justify their own right-wing bias.

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about this exact issue today. i watched fox news for about 30 minutes and it was literally nonstop talk about how bush had destroyed kerry and kerry was a flip flopper. i turn to cnn and they were talking about each party's strategy down the homestretch. i dont understand why this would make cnn a bunch of crazy liberals while it is perfectly reasonable that fox is so biased. i wish there was a way to reason with conservatives on this one...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2004, 07:49 PM

I am not going to disagree that Fox News has a conservative bent. However, in the interests of fairness, the Fox commentators were spot on with their analysis of the three debates, IMHO.

All of the commentators (even the conservative ones) said that Kerry smashed Bush in the first debate. All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to disagree that Fox News has a conservative bent. However, in the interests of fairness, the Fox commentators were spot on with their analysis of the three debates, IMHO.

All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.

[/ QUOTE ]That's funny.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 PM

Please. I love watching liberals whip themselves into a frenzy over Fox News and then have the temerity to claim there is no liberal bias in other media outlets. I guess having a paid Kerry advisor as a political commentator isnt any sign of bias.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All of the commentators (even the conservative ones) said that Kerry smashed Bush in the first debate. All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely hysterical. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Btw, you could of left out the "(even the conservative ones)" from your post. No need to be redundant. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess having a paid Kerry advisor as a political commentator isnt any sign of bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you are referring to James Carville. If so, this is factually incorrect. Carville is receiving no money from the Kerry campaign. Carville clarified this on the Bill O'Reilly Sex Factor, when he noted he would "volunteer" advice to any Democrat in the country who asked for it, and believe me, Kerry needs it. Nice try though. Personally, I find it more vexxing that a CNN political commentator outed a CIA operative in a published article for political reasons, but that's just me.