Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Two pair on a connected/suited flop

50c/$1 NL on full tilt

Seat 4: hero ($56.15)
Seat 6: Villain ($66.85) no reads
Seat 7: Villain ($27.90)
Seat 8: Villain ($45.85)

Dealt to hero [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

Hero raises $3.50 UTG, 3 callers. Blinds fold

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] $15.50 in the pot

Personally, i bet the pot in this situation, and hope for a call from any AK, and to push of any flush draws.

is playing two pair against a suited flop like this correct??

or should i raise less, and then push people out if a safe card comes on the turn??
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Two pair on a connected/suited flop

Betting 1/2 the pot should be enough to push out any flush draws. About $8 in this case.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:41 AM

i disagree, betting halve the pot gives them the implied odds to play the flush draw dosn't it??
Old 12-31-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, betting halve the pot gives them the implied odds to play the flush draw dosn't it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Oopsy. You're right I was thinking heads up for some reason. Regardless, if you bet the pot here, you could still be giving odds to call on a four to a flush completing draw depending on the number of callers. Just one caller would not be getting proper pot odds.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 AM

I like to overbet in these spots if the stacks are deeper since clueless opponents will often raise me with garbage aces. In your case, I bet $10-$12 hoping to get raised and jam any non-club turn. If there is a reasonable chance the shortstack will push I would never bet more than half his stack for obvious reasons.

If a T, J or K comes off and my opponents called with a gutshot I'm not terribly worried since they'll have called off at least 1/4 of their stack without implied odds. Idieally I bet, seat 6 smooth calls, seat 7 pushes and I get to put my entire stack in with a huge amount of equity.

If you only ever play strong two pair and set hands hard when their is little possibility of a straight and or flush, then you're only ever going to get action from complete idiots.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 AM

With one caller i bet the pot. With 2 i over bet , because if the first one calls, the second one has now got pot odds for his flush draw.
My line HU after the flop depends on my read of the player.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:59 AM

This is an easy PSB. If you are raised push, ir smoothcalled, it all depends on how many callers and the turn, but usually I am getting the rest in on the turn.