Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Gyms in Vegas?

Hi All,

I'll be in Vegas from Monday for a week and would like to get to the gym a couple of times while I am there. I'll be staying in the centre of the strip, any advice/recommendations?

Joe
Old 11-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Gyms in Vegas?

all the hotels on the strip have a work out facility ---some may charge as high as 20 per day and some include it in your stay---
Old 11-25-2005, 11:40 AM

Hotel gyms abound, yes, but if you are serious about your training you will run into problems, depending on where you are staying. Typically, hotel gyms often don't have enough weight - dumbells that only go upto 60lbs for example. There are tons of gyms in Vegas, this is a town where hard bodies abound, so a quick google search and you will be fine.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:13 PM

The Las Vegas Advisor did a "Q of the Day" about this a week ago or so. If you go to their website and search their archives you might be able to find it. I know most of the gyms in town have special rates for tourists who are only visiting for a short amount of time, but I don't know what those rates are offhand.

If you're staying on the strip, one place that will be fairly convenient is The Las Vegas Athletic Club on the corner of Maryland and Karen.

EDIT: I think there's also a Gold's Gym just west of the strip on Sahara... but I'm not 100% sure on this one.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:21 PM

If you have a membership in your city with a chain they will have a list of affiliate Gyms in Vegas that you can use for $10. Ask your gym.