Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 02:59 PM

Default How to get the confidence back?

I posted this to small stakes as part of doubting myself thread, but it might suit better here.
I play MHNL myself, and as known you all have big egos here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

One more thing I would like to add. I often feel like i'm the worst player in the table, and I need to get lucky in order to win I don't know if this is actually the case.

So I try to avoid all the regulars, and often guys from nordic countries when they are playing 3/6 or higher.

This often leads to that I will end up playing smaller game where all are unknown to me.

This has been the case after my first huge downswing, kind of lost my poker confidence during it.
Before it I used to feel like "KingOfFfinland" just like my nick says, and felt almost unbeatable. I wan't that state of mind back, using good game selection but not being afraid of anyone.

I have lot of doubts about my game, just like this thread shows.

So the lack of confidence leads to doubting myself, making bad decission and missing +ev spots as i'm a pussy.

After that huge downswing I have played 40k+ hands 2/4 -> 5/10nl and couple hands higher, but still i'm afraid of loosing all the time and generally just don't feel confident. It's not about the bankroll really, i'm rolled for pretty much every NL online game. Excluded primas 100 200 and 200 400.