Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: REVIEW: Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon

LOL, $25 plus $10 shipping is $35. Even if you only learn ONE thing from it it is well worth it. Same thing with all books out there. Even if they cost $50 with shipping and you only learn one thing you will make that money back and alot more over time. So would it matter if the dvd is $35 with free shipping or $25 plus $10 shipping? It is still $35 and you will make it back and more unless you are very stupid.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$10 for shipping is a little steep

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is for express shipping, you can get regular shipping for $5.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:42 PM

You can have it shipped for $5. If you play, it's worth the investment. I now watched this DVD like five times and I hear myself repeating the lessons when I play. I've gotten much better at knowing when to bluff and knowing how to avoid getting myself in trouble. Between HOH-1, Final Table Poker, and HOH-2 I'm getting really pumped about NL Tourneys. I wish two plus two made audio books.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:49 PM

Have any Canadians (I'm in T.O.) tried to purchase this DVD? I'm assuming Expert Insight is the only distributor at the moment.

$24.95 + $16.00 shipping + exchange... gets a little pricey.

However I'll probably go ahead and order it anyway - sounds worthwhile. Just curious if any Canadian company was distributing it over here. I've also emailed Expert Insight to see if there are any other options.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:54 PM

I liked this DVD alot, even though I already know most of the info in it, it is well worth the price to have clear implementation of these methods shown. It is entertaining, well done, and other than a few small errors,(KQc vs AJo on JTx board 2 clubs has 21 theoretical outs, not 18 as is stated..) I think this is easily the best-made intructional DVD of it's kind, if not quite the most informative;(More secrets by Lederer holds that honor in my book.)
Old 08-10-2005, 08:06 PM

I wonder if they are subtracting the 2 aces (either the non club ones or if Aclubs one - take away one of the nine clubs) cause you put the person on AJ??
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM

I liked More Secrets but it was hard to get through. I keep postponing buying this the final table DVD but it's good to read the excellent reviews when I do a search. Anyone know any other worthwhile DVDs?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:24 PM

This is without doubt the best poker I've ever seen. I'm posting this because I wrote to Expert Insight thanking them for the putting out a great product and also asked when the next DVD will be ready. They wrote back that they're going to be making more poker DVDs depending on the sales of Final Table Poker. I want more of these titles. I'm tired of watching people talking while sitting at a table with chips. I want to see entertaining, high budget instructional DVDs like this one. So I'm selfishly promoting this DVD so I get to see more of them in the future. The instructional content is excellent. The presentation is fun, funny, and suspenseful. (The first time I watched it with my wife who is sick of poker and she couldn't stop watching.) Hopefully you'll agree that this DVD is awesome and we can get to more of this stuff.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 PM

This DVD is excellent, I agree that there should be more like it.

I stumbled across this at another message board, but you can use the code "rockstar" and get $6 off the DVD. Not a bad deal at all. Since I already own it I didn't try that code myself but I was told that it works.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:49 AM

They have to find a way to make it available in Europe. Shipping is way too expensive. Now you could argue that even paying 10000$ is not expensive if the material is good enough that it would make you win it back twice. Still I don't like to pay more for shipping than for the original product.