Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Good or Bad for Poker if Matusow Wins??

[ QUOTE ]
>>did nothing that either of our past two presidents haven't done<<

Please tell me you're not using American Presidents as your standard for acceptable behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 07-15-2005, 02:45 PM

If only Van Vliet would make a comeback.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BAD! I hate this guy. He's a low-life scumbag drug dealer and him winning the WSOP will give poker a bad image. I'd understand if Matusow was in his teens/early 20's and got busted for drugs, but peddling drugs in his 30's equals TOTAL LOSER in my book [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about you people actually get the facts straight before posting. Mike Matusow basically got set-up by an undercover NARC who became very close friends with Mike and asked him if he could get him some cocaine. Mike had a few connections and was able to obtain some and got busted for that. He wasn't selling drugs to little kids, he thought he was doing a favor for a friend and regrets that mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, if my friends ask me to score them some coke I'm going to give them a ride to the nearest rehab center. I'm NOT going to hook them up.

This has to be the MOST ridiculous defense I've ever seen.

Thanks for playing though,
ThisHo
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM

people have different views of drugs, don't just assume your view is correct and everyone should conform to it.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BAD! I hate this guy. He's a low-life scumbag drug dealer and him winning the WSOP will give poker a bad image. I'd understand if Matusow was in his teens/early 20's and got busted for drugs, but peddling drugs in his 30's equals TOTAL LOSER in my book [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about you people actually get the facts straight before posting. Mike Matusow basically got set-up by an undercover NARC who became very close friends with Mike and asked him if he could get him some cocaine. Mike had a few connections and was able to obtain some and got busted for that. He wasn't selling drugs to little kids, he thought he was doing a favor for a friend and regrets that mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, if my friends ask me to score them some coke I'm going to give them a ride to the nearest rehab center. I'm NOT going to hook them up.

ThisHo

[/ QUOTE ]

The real world is over here. Come and join us.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ThisHo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. nh.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that our " World Champion " could have spent half of the last year in jail on a drug charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I think we need serious reforms to our recreational-drug laws.

2. It's all good for poker. No matter what happens. Poker doesn't need any help and it's hard to imagine any scandal coming along to reverse poker's fashionability.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people have different views of drugs, don't just assume your view is correct and everyone should conform to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, but it is illegal and Mike did supply them, thus he went to jail. The point that he wasn't selling to kids is a fair distinction and should be kept in mind, but he did in fact BREAK THE LAW. My point is that the circumstances around his "distribution" won't help any if the US Senate decides to make him the poster boy for all things wrong with poker.

Yes the guy is an entertaining inteview, but the antics at the table that are reported and shown on TV are generally over the top. I'm NOT looking forward to watching his verbal jousting from yesterday with the "Iron Sheik". People emulate success - I don't want to sit at a poker table with 5 "Mouth" impersonators who think its ok to tell me I have little nuts, who taunt and goad at me.

All that said... I'm not rooting against Mike. All reports seem to indicate that he is playing GREAT poker right now, and if he's playing better than the rest of the table, I hope that he wins it.

ThisHo
Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM

I think it would be good. I think most people want to see a "pro" win sine the last few years have been nobodies and most people aren't aware of Mike's non-poker issues.

Would it have been better if Ivey or Raymer won? Certainly.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ThisHo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest that perhaps a response to "Hey Mike, can you get me some blow?" should be "dude, coke kills, you're my friend, lets get you some help." and I'm told that I don't live in the real world and its followed by "nh"? If the real world involves "friends" scoring blow for each other then I'll stay where I'm at thanks.

ThisHo