Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Turn C/r, good?,bad? or ugly?

PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Although this is shorthanded, so the instance of a king is less than that of a full ring game. I think its a bit dodgy as i'm getting called down here by quite a large % of the villians range (he's retarded loose).

or is this just boring standard?

also is there much merit just to lead out on the flop as i'm gonna be ahead a fair amount of the time, but i don't get him to bluff into me....
Old 10-31-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Turn C/r, good?,bad? or ugly?

I would seize the inititative, lead the flop and encourage Villain to fold.

Almost any turn card is threatening and I'd rather take down the pot now.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM

i don't think there are any scare cards that could come off on the turn, since i was c/r bluffing him as i didn't believe he had a king. the flat call and a c/r on the turn is also consistent with how i may have played a king hu on this flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think there are any scare cards that could come off on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, any card that may give Villain a higher pair than yours is scary. That's basically all of them.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think there are any scare cards that could come off on the turn, since i was c/r bluffing him as i didn't believe he had a king. the flat call and a c/r on the turn is also consistent with how i may have played a king hu on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point was that since he's extremely loose, almost any turn card can hit him. Since you have no idea which cards beat you, why not bet the flop and make him pay to draw to his likely 6-outer?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM

i have no plans to go to a sd.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Why not?

2) As long as you're planning on seeing a turn, I don't understand how this changes the necessity to charge him on the flop?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 PM

i figured i would make more bets of the hand via allowing him to bluff his chips of into me.

on a side note: if i was more of a man i would have flat called and then c/r bluffed him on the river, of course this is expensive when he has a king.....
Old 10-31-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since i was c/r bluffing him

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i figured i would make more bets of the hand via allowing him to bluff his chips of into me.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i was more of a man i would have flat called and then c/r bluffed him on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand - are you bluffing or not? Remember that a bluff can only be succcessful if you get a better hand to fold. What better hand do you put him on here that he will fold to your CR?

Unless villian is the type that would only limp first-in on the button with a big PP, then you've got no reason not to think that your pair of 2s is the best hand. Its extremely vunerable, though, so you need to everything you can to protect it. If you don't think you can get him to fold a hand like QJ on the flop, then CRing the turn might be a good idea (but again, its not a bluff).
Old 10-31-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless villian is the type that would only limp first-in on the button with a big PP, then you've got no reason not to think that your pair of 2s is the best hand. Its extremely vunerable, though, so you need to everything you can to protect it. If you don't think you can get him to fold a hand like QJ on the flop, then CRing the turn might be a good idea (but again, its not a bluff).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, ur right bluff is the wrong word to use but u know what i was getting at [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]