Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Live tournaments suck

I played in a $80+20 at the Taj today. They filled it up with 250 entries. There were 11 at the table the whole time I was there.

The first bust out at my table was in level 1: top set versus second set in a raised pot with no straights or flushes on the board.

I was the second bust out at the table. With blinds 150/300/50 (original stacks 5000), I pushed with 3200 in 3rd position with AJo. SB called and said it always happens, he is against AA or KK, so I knew I was in trouble. I lost to queens full. The next hand, I pushed for 675 with 44 and lost to AKo.

I literally didn't win a hand in the tournament. Other than a few limped pots in the blinds, all I played was a limp with A9s, where I completely missed the flop in a 4-way pot that someone miniraised; and I was the 3rd caller of an UTG miniraise with 44 and 3 broadway cards flopped. I didn't get hands, and I wasn't playing junk.

In an online tournament, you would have tons of loose fish busting themselves out. Granted I was a little card dead and had a tight table. However, I don't understand why people think the players in a $100 live tournament are at teh level of a $10 online tournament.