Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Enjoy my Poker Blog

No, he meant he can beat 2 100/200 FR games like a robot I think.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the hell would u want to waste 46% of yer time playing full ring cash games? what a waste. shorthanded stuff 4tw. u can beat the full games being a robot. wont help yer game much. play short. other than that, nice blog. i expect constant random updates. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat the full 30-60 games 8 at once like a robot? You must be rich [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah. you wont become a great player playing full ring limit, thats all im sayin. u wanna be WORLD CHAMPION and all u need to play games that will help you get there. holla
Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah. you wont become a great player playing full ring limit, thats all im sayin. u wanna be WORLD CHAMPION and all u need to play games that will help you get there. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe curtains means "WORLD CHAMPION" in a more abstract way, that is, the best possible player at whatever imaginable version of the game (probably only holdem for now, though).
Old 10-07-2005, 12:19 PM

Cool new blog Curtains. Are you defining World Champion as WSOP bracelets? Or maybe winning the WSOP main event or the WPT $25,000 buy in?

Or maybe you are saying you are the World Champion of a game if you play it better than anybody.

Just curious how you define world champion. Either way, I hope you make it.

Thanks,

Kenny Banya

P.S. Personally I would rather have an Ivey/Greenstein type poker career rather than the tournament only type focus like Hellmuth or Jesus Ferguson, if I were a world class player.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, could you explain again or give me the link to where you explained how you did the $22s to $215s thing. I remember it was add one higher table at a time but I can't remember how many buy ins you had to win before you added another one. I'm so bored of poker atm I need some sort of challenge. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being interested in this upward progression and considering it. I ultimately didn't but I think it was:

1) Start at whatever buyin. Play 8 tables.
2) Play.
3) Look at your results from the previous day. If you are up 10x the next buyin, replace a table from the lower buyin with a table for the higher buyin. (eg you 8 table the 11s, you would add a 22 if you found yourself $220 up)
4) Repeat.
5) When you get to 8 tables of all the next buyin, your roll will then be 80 buyins at that level.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:18 PM

No I dont define world champion as winning some 1000 player luckfest. I just want to be proficient at all games. Also I think raptor is sorely mistaken that limit holdem is easy and unimportant.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, could you explain again or give me the link to where you explained how you did the $22s to $215s thing. I remember it was add one higher table at a time but I can't remember how many buy ins you had to win before you added another one. I'm so bored of poker atm I need some sort of challenge. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being interested in this upward progression and considering it. I ultimately didn't but I think it was:

1) Start at whatever buyin. Play 8 tables.
2) Play.
3) Look at your results from the previous day. If you are up 10x the next buyin, replace a table from the lower buyin with a table for the higher buyin. (eg you 8 table the 11s, you would add a 22 if you found yourself $220 up)
4) Repeat.
5) When you get to 8 tables of all the next buyin, your roll will then be 80 buyins at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was basically it, now Im going to do that for all games (except for multis).
Old 10-07-2005, 02:20 PM

Also you misread my journal, Im only playing full limit games like 27% of the time. In any case limit holdem is very subtle and important game to learn IMO.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No I dont define world champion as winning some 1000 player luckfest. I just want to be proficient at all games. Also I think raptor is sorely mistaken that limit holdem is easy and unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

i challenge you to find where i said it is easy and unimportant. im saying it doesnt take a whole lot of poker skill to beat a 10 handed limit ring game. it takes patience and discipline, which is great, but will not make you a world champion. i think these games should DEFINITELY be learned and mastered, but i dont think you should devote so much time to them. try playing some PLO and learning that. its a very useful skill to have. or at least play more heads up/short handed limit. holla
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found that somehow my PL holdem game was better than it ever was.

Now PLHE is far and away my best game even though I have played fewer hands of that game than either PLO or NLHE.

I guess my point is that I think by learning other games you may stumble upon skills that can sharpen your ability in all games... and you may find that you excel particularly in one game.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I played nothing but O8 for several months, becoming a small but consistent winner at the low limit games. When I started playing some HE again, my HE game was definitely improved.

The key is that while learning O8, you are also learning poker. When you go back to HE, you don't know more about HE than you did before, but you do know more about poker. Knowing how to play poker is more important in the long run than knowing how to play HE.

Learning O8 (or any other game) gives you a different slant on, and a different approach to, poker. And you aren't focussed on the poker, you are focussed on the O8. The poker knowledge just kind of sneaks in.

It's like when you are studying some technical issue in a book, and then you read a different book or see a video or hear a lecture. In your mind, often subconsciously, you sort and merge the commonality of the various inputs into a unified set of skills.